Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 2, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Is this painting worth 58217.6218 dolars?

:iconmythicsonofgod:
MYTHICSONOFGOD Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
First I want to say that this painting isn't mine.

It's a portrait of the Ex-president of my country Felipe Calderon, I am wondering if a painting like that was really that expensive or not.

I have seen commissions on that level going cheaper by a lot..

WHat do you think?

Here is the painting in question:

[link]

thank you

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconecoste:
Ecoste Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
I wouldn't buy it for that much. But, to someone it might be worth that much.
:iconant1-her0-project:
Ant1-Her0-Project Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
One thing to understand about selling art, is that the quality of work is only one, small aspect. The importance of the 'portrait' itself is an aspect. The popularity of the artist, the gallery it's in, etc. Art is more than expression, it's also very political, and a competitive sport. Suggested worth and actual worth, like most things, are entirely subjective and unique to the individual.
:iconthisismyboat:
thisismyboat Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Why not? If that's how much he paid for it, that's how much its worth. It's a high quality painting of an important person, so of course it's going to be worth a lot. If Felipe Calderon called you up and asked you to paint a portrait of him, why would you only ask for a few hundred dollars?
thank you!, nothing against artist having a lot of worth but he used money from taxes for this ...
Forgot to mention the painting isn't "old" it was very recent in fact and comissioned by my expresdient that just yesterday became ex president and

the price was 58,218 dolars aprox
Add a Comment: