December 1, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 25

What to do?

:iconh3llzang3l:
H3llzAng3l Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hey guys,

It is time for me to decide what to do when I leave school. I'm thinking about doing digital art in college but not sure which college is best. Is there anyone who lives in Scotland and knows of or has studied in a good college that does digital art in Glasgow or Edinburgh?

Thanks, any suggestions and help is appreciated

~I'm not sure if I have put this in the right forum:giggle:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconextrasupervery:
extrasupervery Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I'm from scotland, i live in the highlands. I'm applying to Edinburgh this year but i'm at my local college just now. I was worried that this would suck out all my love for art but it hasn't!
I think UWS does a Digital Art degree? I don't think they have a very good rep though.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Student General Artist
1) Be more specific then digital art. There is alot of careers that use digital art, but the word digital art is not a major or a career. Do you want to 3D model, paint, do movies, etc?
2) do your own research. This gal brings a good way to research your schools. Even if you not going to art school, some of this stuff may apply.

[link]

Treat art course as if you were going to a regular college. Do you like the teachers? Have you tried attending a precollege program? Have you even visit the school?

This way you get the school you want.

Vist more then one school is better and its ok to apply more then one. I think it is, because what if you don't get accepted immediately to the other school? Its better to have other applications open then none at all.
:iconkirstiethecatlady:
KirstieTheCatLady Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I go to Langside which is a nice college but don't know how much they offer art wise I would however recommend City of Glasgow college their art courses sound awesome.There is also Cardonald college which has a good art course and could art supiles on campus but I went there for a interview and I didn't really get the best impression of the place.
H3llzAng3l Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Ah yeah had a look at City of Glasgow, still don't know heh
Thank you for your help:heart:
:iconthesignmaker:
TheSignmaker Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
follow your :iconpurpleheartplz:

1) make a list of colleges that seem interesting to you.
2) visit the ones you feel might be good for you (2 or 3)
3) when you visit them, watch your :heart: it will tell you when you´ve come to the right spot :-)
H3llzAng3l Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Thank you!
So it is ok to apply to more than one college at the moment then choose which is best later?
TheSignmaker Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
have you found the answer yet?
H3llzAng3l Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Not quite sure yet...
Might just keep art as a hobby and study something else in college
TheSignmaker Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Your :heart: will tell you what to choose, all you need to do is listen more to yourself instead of others.
Then you can learn the difference between what your heart tells you and what you mind tells you.

Doubt comes from the mind, the heart knows...
H3llzAng3l Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I have decided!:giggle: I'm not going to study art in college, I prefer doing it as a hobby, drawing what I want, when I want. I am going to do accounting and study for university, I'm acually quite excited!:D

Thanks for the help♥

Happy New Year!
:hug:
Add a Comment: