Closed to new replies
December 1, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

question to animation students and graduates

:iconjenshu:
JenShu Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
i am a third year architecture student and i've been thinking about dropping out and tryig to pursue animation in another college. now i don't know much about it - and i am curious as to what most animation graduates actually do after college.
do most people actually work in animation? or do some work in illustration/game design/somewhere else? i don't want to let go of architecture because the job of animator seems so uncertain. but it's something i would like to pursue. so, tell me your your opinions, what do you people do/expect to do in the future? :>

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmattcombsart:
MattCombsArt Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
ID look into game art and design also. Thats more focused on the gaming side of things. You learn to model and texture that will be more similiar to the architecture your doing. WIth games they do have environmental modeling to do interior and exterior scenes. I think that you might like that better since your already into architecture. Game art and design you could learn to be a 3d environment artist and do that all day for work. Its really fun heres some stuff i did for my environmental modeling classes...[link]
JenShu Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
thank you for the advise! those are very interesting works, i'll look into it :>
JenShu Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
well i guess that makes sense)) thank you for the answer :thanks:
:icontakemakei:
TakemaKei Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I did a bit of animation but not a major.
I think that animators would work in game companies or animation companies (duh). Most games now are 3D and hence animators will also be expected to be able to model objects, so you might be in charge of modelling.
Character design can be a needed skill as you would know what is too hard to model and what changes can be done or something like that.
If i'm an animation major I would find jobs in game companies. But this might be competitive.
Add a Comment: