Closed to new replies
November 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

Portfolio approved/accepted?

:iconvanibun:
VaniBun Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
During this week, a couple of art colleges visited my high school, and I managed to snag a few interviews with them. MICA and SAIC are my top chose schools so I was very excited to meet and talk to the reps and get feedback on my portfolio and what they looked for in an illustrator's portfolio when applying to their schools.

All in all, the feedback I received was very good, they liked my work with color, line, form and my simple styles when doing personal work. I had a few things I could work on, such as not being so literal when doing my personal work but the technical aspect was good. They said they approved my portfolio.

So I've been curious as to what that means? What does it mean when my portfolio is approved/accepted by MICA and SAIC? I assumed that I had a good footing in the school and my chances of getting admitted were very good, but now I wonder if it means something else.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontheblu3giraffe:
TheBlu3Giraffe Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student
WOOO they loverd your portfolio!!!! I think thats great! I ended up deciding not to apply so SAIC, so its MassArt, and CIA, and then a few others i havnt chosen yet ^^
VaniBun Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Haha I'm scared. The rep from MICA, who I think is the counselor for incoming freshies, that came to my school liked my portfolio and accepted it, but when I went to NPD, the guy I got for my intended major didn't really say anything about my portfolio getting approved, what pieces were the strongest in terms of composition, color, line, form, etc. He only said I had a "strong start". So now I'm really nervous because I don't know who's opinion weighs in more :(
:icontheblu3giraffe:
TheBlu3Giraffe Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student
hm Ive heard the strong start term before, Im never sure what it means, I think it means you have a good beginning for your college art life, so dont worry too much about it, I too am sitting here just waiting for the pieces to fall together, but im sure you will do great!
VaniBun Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Haha thanks again :)
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
It means keep your grades up and you're in. Congratz.
Thank you. Kind of iffy about my grades right now because I currently have a "C" in AP Stat.
:iconlittlesardines:
LittleSardines Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Professional Filmographer
If your portfolio is "accepted" it generally means you'll be able to get into the school so long as you meet their other admissions requirements (which can usually be found on their website). Of course, you'll still likely have to submit your portfolio to the school officially in order for them to "officially" say you've been accepted. =) But all in all it sounds like a good thing!
Great, that's what I was hoping what it meant :)
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student General Artist
Have you asked the school representatives? They'll probably be able to give you a better answer.
I was going to but they had other interviews so I had to ask a guy from a school I didn't get an interview from since he was the only one free. He said for his school it meant your portfolio would be accepted right on the spot, no troubles, but it meant different things for different schools. By the time I went back to them they had already finished the interviews and left my school.

I'll probably ask them on NPD but the lines are ridiculous and I could hold up someone showing the school their portfolio when I already had my chance.
Add a Comment: