Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 1

Trying new things helps improve our art (?)

:icongluzzmunk:
gluzzmunk Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Today my friend saw me crochet, and I told him that this is my 2nd day doing this and he mentioned to me saying "Did you know that trying different skills and new experiences help improve art?" I agreed with him because we both experience being far away from home for the first time for 5 months and our skills sudden improved a lot when we got back, but we hardly had time to draw during those 5 months to make the effort to improve on our artwork.

It made me curious if being out there trying new things that we hadn't experienced sudden burst the improvement rate of art because we expanded our horizon. I mean we didn't have jobs that was art related.

So for discussion questions:

Do you agree or disagree that new experiences or learning new skills (not drawing wise) help improve artwork?

(If agreed:) Did you have a experience that helped you?

Has any new experiences or skills degraded your will to do art?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmy-road-to-awe:
My-Road-To-Awe Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Just like how an art instructor might say 1 thing and you suddenly completely understand how to tackle the task at hand, I think that new experiences can make you improve artistically by giving you a new way to look at the world around us. For me it was never in skill, but in subject matter that my experiences have improved my art. I think we've all had experiences where we question whether to continue with art, but I think those experiences can also motivate our selves to be even better.
Add a Comment: