Closed to new replies
November 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

I Need a Tutor in the Way of the Female Form

:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I think I need someone who can challenge me to draw female bodies to get better at what I do. Is anyone willing to help me in my endeavor? I really want to improve the way I draw women, especially after the backlash I get from Newgrounds and just everywhere. I feel like being challenged by someone else and being assigned things to draw would be better practice than I could do by myself, but I don't have money for art school or lessons.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconshininginthedarkness:
Honeybunch... when people have tried to give you advice in the past, you brush it off like water off a duck's back.
I've seen you ignore totally spot-on and accurate advice.
Are you going to change this?
:iconlaemperatrizmariana:
LaEmperatrizMariana Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You could do what I do and draw actual women. (For me it's slightly different, obviously, I have a convenient reference.) Analyze photographs or ask the girls/women you know in real life if they're willing to pose and model for you. (I do that for guys.) One you understand their basic figure then you can experiment from there and stylize however you want.
Will I see faster improvement? I'm leaving for Americorps NCCC in February of next year, and I want to improve 100% by the end of December.
It depends on how much you learn, your willingness to improve and how much you push yourself. Some people improve greatly over a few months while others do so very little. They still improve nonetheless. :shrug:
But I don't want slow improvement, I want to see myself get better in at least a month, and I expect a 100% boost. If that means I have to draw a real pose a day and then stylize it, I will.

I thought it over last night, and I figured the best way for someone who wants to stylize things to learn best is to draw a real life pose with correct anatomy, and the re-draw it their way, while still following the general rules established by the pose, along with correct perspective and so on. I will start doing these drills as soon as I am done with my painting.
You're either going to end up getting stressed or end up hating yourself, if you're setting that short of a timeline.

That's essentially what I said before, except you ask a real person to be your test subject/model. That way you'd be able to analyse the pose and anatomy in 360o.
Then I will just have to get a free posing program. I don't get out much, hence I don't have many irl friends.
Do you have female relatives? :-?
The posing programs are only good for perspective, but they do give you a gist of the anatomy.
I do, but they live faaaaaarrrr away.
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Setting a time limit for yourself is only going to give you more stress. Let that be my advice.
Add a Comment: