Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Whats the bes way to "get out there" on DA?

:iconbrushedbyred:
BrushedByRed Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I've been here for four months now. I've been posting art, browsing the site, commenting on my favorite pieces, trying to get involved. The thing is, I'm not sure how. I'm not expecting people to come out of nowhere, but,
you were all new once, and you found your niche. Whats the best way to put myself out there? Any advice?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpringlesaddict99:
pringlesaddict99 Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh come on, you're not even trying...
This is what your stats look like: 2 comments (in 4 months you only posted 2 comments?), 14 favorites and the list goes on... No wonder you only have 2 watchers, even though I think your art is amazing!

The way I got half of my watchers is that I kind got connected to them. You find a picture of something you like, comment how awesome it is and add that you love the shadowing or whatever you like about that painting. When/if the "maker" of that painting replies say you like his/her other work too, and give him a watch, he/she may watch you back. The other half I got over :icondahub: and featuring my work in groups. I see none of your paintings is featured in groups, you should do that! ;)
:iconstarlit-sorceress:
Starlit-Sorceress Nov 29, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
...By finding my niche!

Have a clear, consistent style that lets prospective watchers know that if they watch you, they'll get more of that style, and not random glamor shots of your cat. :)

(I didn't look at your gallery by the way. No offense intended if you actually do have any cat photos. :P)
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Nov 29, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
:iconravenide:
Ravenide Nov 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
After several years, I'm still trying to figure that out. :P
:iconusagitoxic:
UsagiToxic Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I never got out from my closet.
:iconmew-sumomo:
Mew-Sumomo Nov 28, 2012  Student General Artist
Join/submit to groups and post in the thumbshare forum frequently.
:iconrealitybunny:
By making threads like these of course! And blah blah blah groups blah blah blah connect with popular people blah eat green vegetables.
Add a Comment: