Closed to new replies
November 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

good book on architecture?

:icontoshi13go:
toshi13go Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
I'm looking for a book on architecture. I already have 'how to draw and paint Fantasy Architecture' but I'm looking for something that goes into a lot more depth about the different kinds of architecture. Are there any books you would recommend?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjenshu:
JenShu Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
you can take a look at the drawings architects themselves make, "Frank Lloyd Wright Designs" is a great book or you can just google his drawings : )) there's stuff about buildings' perspective in Francis Ching's "Architectural Graphics", you can also take a look at his ink drawings and for colorful stuff - there's a chinese book with amazing marker drawings, "Architecture Color Rendings by Marker Pen", it's pretty easy to find on the net) there's yet another book i remember with colorful elevations of victorian architecture i think it was? they were really beautiful but i don't remember the author, i'll get back to you if i find out what book that was) i hope this helps you :>
toshi13go Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
how awesome of you! thanks! i'll check those things out^^
:iconjenshu:
JenShu Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
the other book was a collection of Pierre Chabat's victorian houses, it's probably not much for learning how to draw archiecture but great for ideas)) good luck :D
toshi13go Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
thanks!
:iconebonsong:
Ebonsong Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
There are many books and websites out there on real life 'fantasy' artwork, though I don't know them by name. You'd want to keep an eye out for Medieval to Victorian styles - Rococo (very whimsical/fantasy-like) Gothic, and so much more. Try searching for images of these names on the Internet + adding 'architecture' with the search.

Hopefully this helps. Good luck!
toshi13go Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
okay cool! thanks for the reply! i'll keep an eye out for those things!^^
Add a Comment: