Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 25

What inspires you?

:iconfallbird:
FallBird Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm having some artist's block, mostly because everything is going really well for me right now, generally speaking. Do your bad days inspire you like mine do? Music? Movies? I want to know what your muse is - maybe hearing about it can get me out of my funk. (:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icononceuponanight23:
OnceUponANight23 Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Actually my stories do!! :) i'm gonna sound like such a freak, but anyways!, haha, I write stories since I was like 13, and there's always a tragic scene that gets me hooked to my own story so I listen to music and feel the story, and the character's feelings and that conection inspires me to draw my stuff :')
:iconzingam:
Zingam Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Chicks and booze...
...well, actually good art :)
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Human emotion :)
It's everywhere. You just have to let it get to you ^^
:iconcinnamonhotel:
cinnamonhotel Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
music
film
shopping...

Cinnamon hotel
Cinnamonhotel.net
Visit Vietnam, Stay at Cinnamon hotel Hanoi! Travel to Vietnam, visitor like to stay at a favorite hotel in Hanoi, appreciated Cinnamon Hanoi Hotel by experienced Vietnam traveler. Known a quality hotel in Hanoi, people talk highly about Cinnamon hotel Hanoi. You will find a preferred hotel in Hanoi on your Vietnam trip.

[url] Cinnamon Hotel [/url]
[url][link]. cinnamonhotel.net[/url]
[url=[link]. cinnamonhotel.net] Visit Vietnam, Stay at Cinnamon hotel Hanoi! - Travel to Vietnam, visitor like to stay at a favorite hotel in Hanoi, appreciated Cinnamon Hanoi Hotel by experienced Vietnam traveler. Known a quality hotel in Hanoi, people talk highly about Cinnamon hotel Hanoi. You will find a preferred hotel in Hanoi on your Vietnam trip.[/url]
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
music
games
anime
artworks
FallBird Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What kind of music? (:
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
soundtracks
Japanese music (as in Jap singers)
music from anime :lol:
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Anything.
You're a lucky one. :dummy:
Or it is lack of good taste :)
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
Well it's not something to be lucky. Anyone can be inspired by anything. There isn't any restriction other than what someone imposes on themselves.
:iconxxthebluefelinexx:
xXTheBlueFelineXx Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Other artists inspire me when I'm having an artist's block. I like going to a number of my favorite arts from them to get a sort of direction to steer my work in.

Music is a great source of inspiration too. :)

Also, I love trying out new techniques to incorporate into my art, that alone keeps my mind full of ideas because I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to put in my new technique and how the other things surrounding it blend together.
Music inspires me sometimes. But it's almost always classical music, I just can't get inspired off of the music that I regularly listen to for some reason. x)
One thing that does get me going is reading like, a great piece of literature or something. Nothing long, just like a short story. It does wonders for me sometimes.
:iconxxthebluefelinexx:
xXTheBlueFelineXx Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Reading does give a lot of ideas (its so much fun too). I can see why you use classical music for inspiration. Regular music is too distracting with its lyrics. It usually gets you to sing along instead of actually thinking about an idea.
:iconthelupinereturns:
TheLupineReturns Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Bad days or bad moments always inspire me! In fact, they're my main source of inspiration. After all, pretty much all of the stuff I write is depressing.
Something about a bad day just makes me want to create. <3 Probably all of the pent up frustration and whatnot needing an outlet, I guess?
TheLupineReturns Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Same here. When I'm pissed off, it gets me thinking about things to write so I can vent. Pretty much all my good stuff is vent stuff. XD When I feel emotional pain, I inflict it in the form of either physical pain or depression on fictional characters. That's how I do it. XD
FallBird Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Better to hurt characters than yourself!
TheLupineReturns Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Very true! XD
:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
My art changes a bit depending on my mood, but I am not dependent on a specific mood to create art. For me, my inspiration comes mostly from my friends, and what I see in the world around me. If something catches my eye, then I tend to incorporate that aspect into what I draw. I think . . . a fun way to escape art block is to ask what if questions and try to draw/write the answer to those questions.
I like the sound of the question thing, I might try it. (:
:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Good, I'm glad I could help!
:icondraze:
draze Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
sex.
FallBird Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:dummy: