November 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Help With Label For Home Brew Beer

:iconpauper2thedemon:
pauper2thedemon Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Greetings,

I home brew beer and love naming my beer but I am a terrible artist and can never get anything better than using sharpie to write the name.

The current beer I have is a Porter called "Magnetic Force". I was thinking either something either with a horseshoe magnetic and a bottle/pint of beer or a co-worker suggested a cartoon superhero with a horseshoe magnetic on his chest or something.

If anyone has any good ideas or if anyone is willing to draw up a label or a graphic for a label for me, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Brett

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstarlit-sorceress:
Starlit-Sorceress Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Are you planning to sell it? What niche of beer drinkers are you hoping to attract with that name? Mechanics? Physics majors? Comic book nerds? Your design will depend on that.

I'd suggest offering to pay or trade for the design...or at least offer a generous amount of advertising in return. (For example, dedicating an entire page on your website to introducing the artist who drew your logo.) You're more likely to get a good logo, and in most cases, it's tacky to ask people to perform their skill for free.
:iconpauper2thedemon:
pauper2thedemon Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
No intentions of selling, just for personal use. I would however want to make sure that whoever drew it remains in ownership of the image. That way if I ever wanted to use it for commercial use then I would have to compensate them for their work.

No particular market, other than I am shooting for a very geeky naming scheme for my beers so probably geek/nerd community.

Thats a good idea. I would gladly dedicate a page of my website to my beers as well as the artists who help me out. I cannot guarantee too much expose since I am not trying to distribute the beer, but I would be willing to try and do my part.

I am more than willing to trade for the design. If anyone wants to learn how to brew beer or learn programming.
:iconfanaticalpublishing:
FanaticalPublishing Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
I think it's really cool that you home brew.

Maybe you could make a label with the horseshoe magnet and a lot of iron filings being drawn to it?
Add a Comment: