Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Help needed - What should my android say to you?

:iconkaozwashere:
KaozWasHere Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hello to you.
I'm developing a android in Maya and I want to render her, as a web intro, so when you access my site (which is mine and a friend, who are making a company for tech products, web design, hardware fixes), anyway, the android will greet you and introduce you to the site before going forward.. the problem is.. im not sure what I want her to say.. I suppose Im more of a designer than a writter.. can you give any ideas?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconegypturnash:
egypturnash Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
"Don't you hate it when a webpage makes you look at an animation before you see the main site. Me too. They're slow to load, and demand all of the user's attention right now! They're almost as cool as web pages that play music without you asking!"
KaozWasHere Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Digital Artist
well its not a webpage to be visited, its just to show off skill for internet applications, thanks for trying to trash my idea as well
:iconwilwhalen:
WilWhalen Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
You should have it say "Welcome to the internet, circa 2001!"

(Animated webpage intros are terrible and nobody should ever use them, especially for a professional company and not, say, a cartoon or something. There's a reason Amazon doesn't have a talking box when you go to their page, and it's not for lack of resources.)
KaozWasHere Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student Digital Artist
thanks for trashing my whole project, btw amazon isnt really a icon of web design
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ahaha :XD:
:iconwilwhalen:
WilWhalen Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
All I'm saying is, especially if you're trying to sell web design, opening up your page with something that hasn't been widely used in ~10 years (because end users tend to hate it, and it devours bandwidth with no payoff) is probably not a great idea. Seriously, I can't think of one page that has an animated intro of any kind - hell static intro/splash pages in general have practically died off, aside from 18+ content warnings.

Is Amazon an icon of web design? Maybe not (though I sure do like it.) But, what they are is a widely trusted company with an easy to use and navigate page.
KaozWasHere Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Digital Artist
thanks for your concern, it is noted and I may onlytry to use this as a web page that is loaded from the computer, i should had gone into more detail there - its for a presentation, so it'll be loaded locally
Add a Comment: