Closed to new replies
November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 19

How to improve drawing skills?

:iconaxel2396:
Axel2396 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I have been drawing since i was a little kida. My art has become a lot better since i started,but for about a year or more i don't feel my drawings are getting any better.So is there any tips that would help me improve?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconofficialpoypoy:
Officialpoypoy Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student General Artist
DRAW SOMETHING ORIGINAL.

when you do it long enough you develop YOUR STYLE

and that style mixed with experience will make yours look AMAZING

SERIOUSLY DONT BE A COPYCAT, YOUR NEVER GANNA GO FAR BEING A COPYCAT.
:iconcnigrelli185:
cnigrelli185 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Hey dude, I looked through your gallery your already very good! But reading through the thread it seems like you want to improve proportions? I actually just started drawing again this month after not drawing for a while. And I found this awesome series on youtube that I think should help you and anyone out a lot. The person who teaches is very talented and very amusing. He goes through the atonomy and proportions of all the parts of people. [link] This is the link to it. It helped me out a lot and hope it helps you out a lot as well. Good luck and keep it, just keep practicing and drawing.
:iconeternal-ii:
Eternal-II Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student General Artist
Look up andrew loomis and draw from life. Use photos of real people, objects and animals, stay the hell away from how to draw anime books, and you will improve. If you want to draw anime then fine, but learn proportions and anatomy first before you exaggerate anything.
:iconjerseycajun:
jerseycajun Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Start drawing real people. Comics, animated characters, manga, and anime are simplified shortcuts that are made by people who have already studied and understand what the shortcuts represent (at least the good ones have).

You seem to be studying the shortcuts only, so you're not likely to progress further until you put the horse in front of the cart as it were.
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
See what needs to be improved.....
:iconkit-kat-ari:
kit-kat-ari Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student Digital Artist
put down your manga for a while and go draw from life.
:iconxxthebluefelinexx:
xXTheBlueFelineXx Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Practice, practice, practice.

Like they say, practice makes perfect. Your not gonna suddenly aquire great artistic abilities overnight. Art takes patience but it also requires that you enjoy what you do and be happy with your own abilities.

You should start out small and look at the small things that you wanna start drawing. Look at references, practice drawing them and master the little things before moving onto the big things.

Also, in regards to drawing manga, I could not recommend a better site than [link]. Its a really wonderful site that helps a lot. Youtube is a great resource as well as DeviantArt.
:iconaxel2396:
Axel2396 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well i draw everyday for 2 hours at least,so i think thats good practice,but i feel i improve so slowly.
Thanks for the how to draw site btw :)
:iconxxthebluefelinexx:
xXTheBlueFelineXx Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Even if you feel like you improve slowly, I'm sure you learn more and master it better than others. The main thing is to be happy and proud of what you do.

If you need anymore sites let me know. I'd be happy to help you out! :)
:iconnickelparklavigne:
NickelParkLavigne Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The best advice I can give to try different techniques and mediums, and to remind yourself that art is supposed to have mistakes one way or another. Artists learn how to improve throughout their whole life.
Add a Comment: