Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Speedart/Composing what is the best way to get raw material?

:iconpicturjs:
pictuRJS Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hey guys

In the last time a focused a bit more on composings with photoshop! For those who don't know what that is just type "speedart photoshop" or something like that in Youtube! :)
First I used just pictures of me to create something new! But now my projects are getting bigger and bigger and so I need a lot more pictures! I found out that many speedart/composing artists just get all the pictures from a search in google images! But isn't there copyright? And if you use them in a composing do they stay under that copyright even if they're totally different and not the same in the end? And where is the border?
So what do you think! Or if there are any composing/speedartists how do you manage that? :)
Thanks for your help!!!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpicturjs:
pictuRJS Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Thanks a lot! Does that also count for general things that are more or less equal like lens flares or stuff like that? :) And what if I want things which I can't take Photos of? Does anyone knows good stock photo packs with many photos?
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Derivative works (works made from other people's works) are owned by the original copyright owner(s). So... not you.
If the photographer can recognize enough of their own work to say "HEY! You used my work!" they can theoretically take you to court.

The best way to get raw material is to shoot a fuckload of pictures. With today's digital cameras you can snap thousands of pictures and not pay for film development, so there's no reason not to take photos of everything you come across.
Add a Comment: