Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 19

What/Who/Where Inspires your art? Why do you art?

:icontobitguren:
tobitguren Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
What/Who/What inspires your art?

What makes you want draw, paint, photograph, etc.?

Think of it kind of as what you find most beautiful about art.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
That's a very good question. My first true inspiration started when I was very young, I used to look at instruction booklets for video games like Starcraft, Final Fantasy and Dungeon Keeper. That is what first made me want to draw monsters, I looked at the pictures and I wanted to do what those people did . . . since then I've been drawing monsters. My next inspiration came when all of my friends started to draw anime, I would be crazy if I didn't admit that the amount of popularity they got in school for their new drawings drove me mad . . . so it forced me to try harder and my style began to modify itself. My most recent inspiration has been because of school, and being exposed to more art.

What makes me continue to draw? Simply put, I love it. Over the years art has become a key part of who I am and compliments me well.
:iconexplositionrooster5:
ExplositionRooster5 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well, one of the inspirations for one of my characters was Twisted Metal. Another was after I had read the book 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu, which lead me to think about creating a alien race that had waged war for so long that they had mastered every single little thing about it, which made them a force to be reckoned with.
I know all of that sounds a little bit odd, but that was some of the inspiration for a few of my characters.
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional General Artist
There's so much that inspires my artwork that it's impossible to list it all and it changes from day to day, often depending on what mood I'm in.
Everything from movies, music, videogames to the weather, a person or something someone said to me can inspire my creativity, sometimes even to the point I can't sleep until I've gotten my idea out of my head and down on paper or something. :)

I do art because I enjoy it; simple as that.
Nothing makes me happier then to be working on something from my imagination and making it real, bringing it out of my head into the real world and giving it a life of its own, sort of speak.

I've done art for as long as I can remember and it's my passion.
:heart:
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional General Artist
What/Who/What inspires your art?

Everything? I know it sounds like a cliche, but it's true. Life can give you some really great inspiration if you're open to it.

What makes you want draw, paint, photograph, etc.?

I want to get the images out from my head. That's how it started, and that's how it still is, when I make something personal.
:iconcody-h:
Cody-H Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Photographer
I know this is nerdy, but World of Warcraft inspired one of my settings in my novel. Mulgore, a grass-filled valley, and the tribal Tauren, I really just liked the tribal (items), and the beautiful setting combo. I kind of inspire myself also, by keeping the doorway to my Novel world open, and writing a lot. :D
:iconjellybow:
JellyBow Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student
What makes me draw is the fact I can do in art what could be impossible in real life :) I discover new things each time I draw and I would never get bored~ cause I think hard about what I'm doing and study how some parts move, their texture and always try to keep it fun :)

Imagination is big part of why I like to draw as well!! Cause I like to go day dreaming into everything XD
:iconkizziesama:
Kizziesama Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Anything can be an inspiration to a bigger idea, given at the right time :nod: But on the laundry list of crap I use as an idea resource: Other people's art (obvious answer, I know :XD:), color schemes, movies, music, food, clothing, scenery, jewelry, anything, and everything :lol:
:icontobitguren:
tobitguren Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Anything in particular in your art that appeals to your sense of style?
:iconkizziesama:
Kizziesama Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
I would think most of the things incorporated in my art appeals to my sense of style in some way :O
:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional General Artist
Because I have things inside my head I want to put down on paper regardless of image style, colour etc.

I am inspired of course by other artists, but they're not the reason I make artwork.
Add a Comment: