Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Help On Drawing Huge Muscles With High Detail?

:iconnitroactivestudios:
NitroactiveStudios Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I need help on drawing huge muscles (chest, biceps and legs) for future drawings.

Here are examples of huge muscles: [link] [link] [link]

I tried looking for a reference sheet but I did not find anything to help. Can you give me some tips and advice to draw huge muscles that are detailed?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student General Artist
The hugest muscles are actually results of steroids or people who really bodybuilder for show. So, it helps to study body builders.

And of course since your esstially drawing muscles anyway, why not go to the shape directly. It make sense since all the skin is doing is like an elastic wrapping around the muscles, and is what gives the outside it's shape.

Just reference all the parts and shapes muscles, and then exaggerate those shapes. Then you get a better and more detailed muscle. If notice, sometimes you see even the strands of the muscle (like between the pecs) if the body is really tight and strong.
:iconofficial-lamp:
Official-Lamp Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Digital Artist
The boring truth is you need to study. Look up diagrams, look at photos, get to know how these muscle groups are shaped. From there it's a matter of playing with proportions to obtain what you're looking for.

Takes years to learn this stuff, so you better start now.
:iconcup-of-javo:
Cup-of-Javo Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I think what would probably help the most is researching and learning to draw muscles as they are in real life and then once you become comfortable with that, begin to experiment with exaggerating them.

Posemaniacs also has "bodybuilder"-type references for ultra-muscled figures. [link] Kill two birds with one stone. :lol:
Add a Comment: