Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Can you draw manga speech bubbles and sqares?

:iconelvalight:
Elvalight Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student General Artist
I'm going to start making my own manga pretty soon, and I have been looking at others for a while and since I can't buy anything for the sectioning sqares or speech bubbles( still got a few years before I can buy myself =u=) can I just draw it? The kind of manga I'm planning on making is black and white hand drawn, if that helps. BTW I'm assuming I got this in the right forum :o
Thanks!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkizziesama:
Kizziesama Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Yes, yes you can just draw them. I don't see why that would be a problem to just draw them :)
:iconkami-ato:
Kami-Ato Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Lol I don't get the point of posting this. Draw it yourself, it's squares and circles :)
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
...how else are you suppose to do them really?
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Most people don't buy that kind of stuff. Just make it yourself.
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Yes you just draw speech bubbles and text boxes. How else are they made to fit the text? Just go for it!
For panels, boxes and all sort of straight things the most hightech thing you need is: a ruler.
:iconmajorlucifer:
MajorLucifer Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Just watch Bakuman , Bakuman 2 and Bakuman 3 .
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Bakuman is seriously the answer to all manga inquiries now. Seriously, just watch Bakuman.
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Why don't you try it and see what happens? It doesn't cost you anything but a little bit of time to draw it and see what it looks like.
:icongeekysideburns:
geekysideburns Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012   Digital Artist
You can always use a program to do screentones, which is what they're called. Many artist choose to do it digitally to save time and money.

It pretty easy to scan your art then use a graphics program like gimp or photoshop to add those. They're other programs that do that too.
Add a Comment: