November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

What scanner do you use?

:iconkomiru:
komiru Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I hope this is the right thread :/

But anyways I am planning on investing in a scanner. I have been doing more traditional art lately and would like to scan it. I suppose this is being picky but I really don't want a large scanner or would prefer a mobile scanner. Any suggestions on which one to get?

Thanks for any help! Oh and if you could remember how much was yours or how much is it? Why do you like it or is there even a specific reason aside from it does what it's supposed to. Thanks a lot!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconadeliea:
adeliea Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
mine is HP deskjet 845c, but guess this is a very very old scanner ^^; (and i don't think it is still on sale)
the quality is horrible, i must edit it heavily on photoshop to make a good result :( but it's not a big problem since i rarely do traditional art now.
in my country you can get printer + scanner for really cheap price, mostly below $100 (i found one with the price $20-$50, wow)
:iconhmontes:
HMontes Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
I have used various scanners but when I needed to scan 11"x17" comic pages I got a Mustek ScanExpress A3 scanner for under $200.
[link]

For a better quality scan in that size the Brother All-In-One A3 scanner/printer would be a good choice for a little over $200. [link]
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
It's an all in one printer/scanner/copier Epson Stylus 420.
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
I'm using Epson Perfection V330 Photo scanner, you can read my review.
:iconjulessilvan:
JulesSilvan Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012   Traditional Artist
I second this. I don't know much about scanners but this is the most agreeable one I've had so far and I'm very happy with it.
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional General Artist
I've only had a printer-scanner-copier type before, and the difference in quality is unbelievable :)
:iconjulessilvan:
JulesSilvan Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012   Traditional Artist
I actually read your review the day I got my Epson, it made the decision even easier. It was also the only scanner that was just a scanner, the salesperson tried to convince me to get a Lexmark all-in-one but I've never had good luck with Lexmark. I was pretty chuffed with the quality as soon as I scanned my first image.
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional General Artist
Glad to know my post helped you decide! :)
I never used anything from Lexmark, but from my experience with several different models of Hewlett-Packard all-in-one I won't touch another one with a stick..
:iconkomiru:
komiru Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Thank you! And for the link! thats super awesome!
:iconponderhope:
PonderHope Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student General Artist
Hmmm, the one at my house? hahaha. I think it's an Epson scanner. I mainly scan on 9 x 12 mixed media paper and watercolor paper, which I both like painting / drawing on. However, recently I've been painting on 11 x 15 watercolor paper and 11 x 14 canvas board, and that's too big for the scanner, so I take photographs of those.
Add a Comment: