Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

What would Meso-American combined with modern and colonial architecture look like today?

:iconzucca-xerfantes:
Zucca-Xerfantes Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Okay, so here's an artistic question reserved for those who wouldn't mind helping me out with my comic, Lone Candle. I will credit you if you provide a good answer or sketch and can even cameo you in the comic!

My question is this...

Suppose the colonists and the natives of America got along better than they did. Now also suppose they learned from eachother, the colonists teaching the value of an economic system and the natives teaching the colonists harmony with the land.

Now go on to also suppose that the Spaniards never sacked Tenotichlan, the Incas and Mayans never vanished and so on, suppose they and the colonists joined up and over time their architectural styles began to meld.

My question is this...

What would their architecture look like if it had been allowed to evolve along, reaching modern standards?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcnids:
Cnids Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The internet tells me it might look like this:

[link]
[link]
[link]

The design for Tuchanka (Kogan homeworld) from Mass Effect also seems somewhat similar:
[link]
[link]
:iconzucca-xerfantes:
Zucca-Xerfantes Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Ah, thanks!
Add a Comment: