Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

when you first used a Copic marker were you pleased with the results, did they seem difficult to use

:iconazuregundam:
azuregundam Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012   Traditional Artist
I ask this because i will be getting some soon and i was wondering if they gave anyone complications,or if you think they were easy to get use.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmattcombsart:
MattCombsArt Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
oh also look into prismacolor markers also, they are very similar to copic markers, the brush or wedge ones are fine. They are a little cheaper in price and last a little longer.
:iconmattcombsart:
MattCombsArt Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
the only thing i dont like about them is they dont last long for the price of a marker. Other then that i love them and they are a breeze to work with. They are pricey, so look around for deals. I just use the brush mostly, blends out easier then the wedge.
azuregundam Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012   Traditional Artist
okay thanks because i wasnt sure about the longetivity of the copics
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
The brush liners tend to wear down quickly but otherwise I'm rather pleased with the quality of the marker.
okay,i didnt know that,thanks for telling me
:iconsky-c:
Sky-C Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student General Artist
For me, they were really easy to use even at first.

But of course, one ALWAYS needs practice. I wasn't really good with them at first but they were easy to use...if that makes sense....
yeah that makes sense
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I've had issues with their fineliners. The markers themselves are fine, I find them no different than any other artist's marker. Personally, I prefer to buy Letraset promarkers which are less expensive and IMO the same quality. The one advantage Copic does have is that I believe they are refillable, but between replacing nibs, ink and the fact that they're not sold locally here it's just not a logical investment for me.

But the short answer is yes.
:icontrickster91:
Trickster91 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012   Traditional Artist
Overall, yes I am pleased with the results that Copic gives, but they won't make you a better artist. Like any medium it takes time and practice to manipulate the medium to your liking. Even I'm still improving with the way I use Copics. Personality I found them relatively easy to get use to though I'm still trying to find a way to use them to their (and my) fullest potential.

Like Parabuteo said check out the tutorials and youtube videos. There are some really nice ones out there. :)
:iconparabuteo78:
Parabuteo78 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
They're not difficult to use but you do need some practice with them, like you would with any new medium.

Take a look at some tutorials and videos, try out new things and techniques and you'll get the hang of them really quick.
Add a Comment: