Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Cartooning tips?

:iconsamichan0:
SamiChan0 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist
Any tips on making cartoons, or anything cartoon related? I like making cartoons, but I feel like I'm missing some information on how I go about drawing them, as sometimes I feel unsatisfied about how I do draw them. I mean, I like making different characters, but I think I might need a little help, or at least a bit of information on the basics.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsoriyns-knight:
Soriyns-Knight Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student General Artist
Do what ~egypturnash said, and study your favorite artists, try to find out what it is about their art that works and what you like about it.
:iconegypturnash:
egypturnash Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
You wanna learn how to draw cartoons? Go here, get the Preston Blair book, and start doing these exercises. They're the ones that master cartoonist John K uses to train his staff, many of whom have gone on to impressive careers in the LA animation scene.
:iconkizziesama:
Kizziesama Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Biggest help in drawing whatever style that involves human anatomy: Learn actual human anatomy. Do some life drawings, sketch from life, and you'll start to break down and understand the human body :nod: Learning how something works makes it easier to deconstruct and exaggerate, without it looking like a mistake over being intentional :)
:iconladykuki:
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student General Artist
Ah... well your best bet is to try different cartoon styles, and learn anatomy and perspective. That's what I do! :D
Add a Comment: