Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 60

Do you read descriptions under the art posted here?

:iconcoin-du-feu:
Coin-du-Feu Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
When you check somebody's picture, do you also read the descriptions? Do you think that they are important to represent the piece shown? Do you write yours in length or do you feel like they are too much to bother with?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvivivoovoo:
ViViVooVoo Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Usually, nope!

Depends on the person really. If I know a guy actually consistently does interesting descriptions ( which you can usually gauge just by reading the user comments ), I'd take a look at it. Otherwise, no, I'm in for the art. Don't judge me for it please! :noes:
:iconpringlesaddict99:
pringlesaddict99 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yes, I always read the description :) It kinda represents someone's work and the story behind it. Also, I am sometimes interested in what media na artist used to create some traditional painting.

But somehow, I ALWAYS skip the part that someone used somebody else's lineart and I always comment how good the lineart is, but the colouring could use a bit more shading :/ And I end up looking like an A-hole
:iconx666nightmare666x:
x666NiGhTmArE666x Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I always read the description.
:icontakemakei:
TakemaKei Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I do read them. Unless its some lore on a certain thing, which i will read if I'm interested. Usually the descriptions is about how the person came about with this work, or the reasoning behind certain things.
:iconcandydechocolate:
CandyDeChocolate Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
yes, i read them. i think they r important n yeah, i do write my own description on my works :P
:iconametystical:
Ametystical Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
As a curious person that I am, I rarely don't. Even if it's too long, I just can't resist... :woohoo: I even admit that's kind of disappointing when they just put how the piece was made and nothing else.

I just don't read descriptions when it's difficult for me to understand - since English isn't my first language - and when I'm in a big hurry.

I try to leave comments frequently too.
:iconpenfan:
Penfan Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I read the descriptions of pictures all the time, just to get some background information on it or something.
:iconladykuki:
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student General Artist
Majority of the times, I do read the descriptions. Especially if they're long. =P But if it has nothing to say, then I'm like, "Meh." lol...
:iconcoin-du-feu:
Coin-du-Feu Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
What is the longest description you have read or written so far?
:iconladykuki:
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student General Artist
Hmm... I remember I made some pretty long ones on my OC deviations.

The longest one I've read so far was on some Mother 3 fan art.
Add a Comment: