Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Time Lapse Drawing of brazilian model Adriana Lima

:iconkyllerkyle:
kyllerkyle Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hey guys! I thought it would be a cool idea to do a time lapse video of my most recent drawing of the beautiful Adriana Lima. I use a variety of tools and tricks (oh no I'm giving away some of my secrets!!) in the video, so some may find it interesting as charcoal isn't everyones forte. The drawing took about 17 hours total (probably less due to video taping time) and is drawn on 19"x14" paper.

I hope you enjoy, and if you do please *like* and *share* it! My facebook page is attached at the bottom as well for more of my work.

The video! (youtube)

[link]

The finished product.

My site! (facebook)
[link]

Devious Comments

:icon3wyl:
3wyl Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Please read the Forum Posting Guidelines before posting as this does not encourage discussion and should be in your journal. :)

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
:iconpedanticgeek:
Looks lovely! :D

I always am curious about this when I see one of you guys who do these perfect-looking, smooth graphite portraits. How do you get the outline of the image to the paper? Do you use a grid? Do you directly trace over the outlines of the photos? Do you draw it all freehand? Can you draw freehand? Some pencil portrait artists can, some can't. Some technically "can," but they rarely do, using a grid or tracing, which they say is to get accuracy. (So in that case, I guess the answer is that they can't draw very well freehand, because if they could, they wouldn't need a grid or to trace to get it accurate! :lol: )

Sorry if I sound nosy, I guess I'm in a nosy mood. :D Please forgive me! And regardless of what process you use in the drawing, you've done an excellent job with it. It looks smashing! :D
:iconpedanticgeek:
Oh, I see you say it's charcoal. Awesome! :D
Add a Comment: