Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Why do people become painters and they don't even have a solid foundation in drafting....

:iconillastrat:
illastrat Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Nothing i hate most than "painters" that don't have a decent foundation in drafting. I never met a good artist outside of the abstract expressionism school that can actually paint without draftsmanship skills. I am not saying they have to be escher or some shit. Just take the time to learn to draw. That is all!

Devious Comments

:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Interface Designer
If you want to share thumbnails of your art please go to the thumbshare forums, and if you want to complain or discuss art you may feel free to do so in the respective forums for these purposes. But please do keep the two separate - you have been warned of this before, and if you keep trying to bend and break rules, further action may be taken against you.

:lock:
:iconopiumtraum:
opiumtraum Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
When you look at the arch most artist's careers take, at least in the past, the art usually starts out quite traditionally. Their art will usually change course as the artist matures, gains confidence & in some cases, responds to stuff in his/her/their culture. Art Nouveau developed as a rebellion against academics decreeing what art is & who it's meant for (one of the more elegant fuck yous in art history)Referencing one of your earlier posts about "rules for success"- before an artist can break from tradition, he has to know what the tradition is. It's hard to abstract the figure when you don't have a basic grasp of what you're abstracting. If you look at Picasso or Matisse, they started out quite traditionally, then you can see the work shift as they start to experiment & bend & break the rules.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
'Technical drawing, also known as drafting or draughting, is the act and discipline of composing plans that visually communicate how something functions or has to be constructed. Drafting is the visual language of industry and engineering.'

So, explain why I need to know this?

And I'm not real fond of your paintings, they're OK if you like that style, I suppose.
:iconthisismyboat:
thisismyboat Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Please stop uploading thumbnails of your art into every single post you make. It doesn't add anything to the conversations and clearly you're just trying to promote yourself.
:iconruwich:
Ruwich Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hmm... :shrug:
Add a Comment: