Statistics

Replies: 32

Whos art is better?

:iconforqetful:
Forqetful Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
[link] <---theirs ?
or..
mine?

and dont just say mine to be nice, please i want this to be truthful.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Your skill level is quite even, so I'd say it's a matter of taste which one is the best.
But seriously... why should you worry who's the better artist? You're not doing art to compete, you're doing it for yourself :)
Forqetful Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
yes i know :I i been told that like 100 times.

i was doing it because my friends always say they love my art and im like. bros T_T"
this guy is much better. why you say you like my art? why not be a fan of his instead? >:C
Well, that says more about your self confidence than it does about your art.
From what I can see (and take this advice from someone who has been drawing for many more years than you) is that you're more or less at the same skill level. The difference is just in personal taste. Some will like one more, other will like the other more.

And sometimes you don't have to understand why people think that you're good. I've had the same things too. I've been watched by people on DA that are 100x better than I am, but they still somehow like my art. I don't know why, but I'm grateful they do :)
yeah. i know ihave no self confidences. and imma pessimist. im told it all ties in with my syndrome. i dunno .3.

but meh. i just wanted people to tell me whos they liked better, no big paragraphs, no beating around the bush. just.

"you." or "them." . 3 .

but i guess i cant ask for something like that on here anymore
Your title states "Who's art is better", not "Who's art do you like the most". That's where you made the mistake. This is a board full of artists. If you ask who's better, they always tell you about skills, not about their taste.

Tbh... I couldn't tell who I liked better. They're both not my taste, since I'm not really into furry creatures.
okai. thanks for the answer > u<
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional General Artist
I don't really like either, and in terms of drawing ability they look about the same to me.
:icondubst3p:
DUBST3P Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You're both so good. I prefer yours though. :3
:iconcnids:
Cnids Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The other person's art, hands down.
Forqetful Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
NOW THANK YOU. gawd no one else answers like that >:c
:iconcnids:
Cnids Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You're welcome. I don't really like to candy-coat things.
Forqetful Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
ah ; u;. i like people who are just. well. yeah. who say one short answer and gets to the point v u v. and yeah i like theirs better, their style is nice. and they can do different posesx.x i can only do face on :I.
:iconxyires:
Xyires Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My opinion is pretty much the same as `CrimsonMagpie so just read his. :)
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I'm not particularly fond of either of your styles, but I'm going to be annoying and say you're both pretty even in terms of ability. Your 'finished' style is somewhat more polished, but when one looks at both your traditional works it's evident that your basic art abilities are around the same. :meow:
:iconco-phantom:
Co-Phantom Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Why would it matter in the first place? :I
:I there doesnt have to be meaning to everything , yknow.
Then to choose would be meaningless... At least to me. :I
well i dont care what you think, o: i just want to know which people think is better, good bye ^-^
So am I not people? How could you? D:
:iconpedanticgeek:
pedanticgeek Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
How old are you?
if you want to go by ages and tell me im worse because im younger, look at =T0CK shes one year younger than me and tons better, so age doesnt matter c: if thats why you want to know> 3 <
I didn't ask because I was going to use it as a basis to judge the quality of your artwork.

I have a completely different reason for asking. :)
well i am 14 ^3^
Okay. Thank you for your answer. :)

The reason I asked is this: I strongly suspect you were about 14 (or thereabouts), but I wanted to make sure before I gave you my opinion.

It's very typical for children your age to think that it's soooo important to compare yourselves to other children and get opinions on who is "better." But you'll outgrow this. The reason you'll outgrow this is because it's not very important. It will take time for you to learn this.

It's not very important because there are a variety of variables and qualities in each person's artwork, so it's nearly impossible to give a completely fair comparison and decide who is really better. Yes, you can give an overall opinion, and sometimes if someone is very skilled and another person is still a beginner, it's easy to determine who is the obvious "better" artist. But very often it's far more complicated than that. Besides, it isn't important because we as artists never stay in one place for very long. We improve and change. So you might be "better" (more skilled) than someone one month, but not "better" the next month. So the best thing to do is to decide it's not important and focus on improving yourself in a way that pleases you.

In a way it's very good that you're getting this phase out of the way at age 14, because some people take a lot longer to get over it, and the older you get, the more pathetic it looks to be worrying about "who is better"? :lol: I'm not saying you're pathetic (you're 14!), I'm just saying it's pretty sad when a 28-year-old is doing this. ;)

My advice to you is to try to pretend (at least in public) that you are unconcerned about what other people are doing. I don't expect you to stop comparing yourself to other kids (in a way none of us completely stops comparing ourselves to others) but don't be so obvious about it. It's normal to do it, but it's a little silly and trivial-looking to those of us who are older and have learned to not let it concern us so much. You'll save yourself some embarrassment by at least pretending not to care so much, because some of the people on dA or on other places on the Internet are not going to cut you slack just because you're 14, and they'll rip you a new one if they believe you're being silly or trivial! :D

I'm telling you this with the best of intentions, well-meaning. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. I was a 14-year-old artist once upon a time too, so I know what it feels like. :)
well that sucks D: i cant even delete it
:c anyway. bye.
Don't stress yourself over it for one second. No one who reads this entire discussion you started will think badly of you. You seem like a sweet person. Don't worry about it. :)
thanks.. v.v
You can't delete threads, but you can ask for them to be closed.

FAQ #709: I need to request a forum thread closure, where do I go for help?
please dont help v . v i know i cant delete them, that was me being the idiot that i am to assume that i could. sorry.
aghh. :I it was so i could prove to my friend that others think the other guy is better than me. i didnt want a bunch of people saying this stuff ; n ; thanks for your feedback but mehh. ._. i dont wanna be taught a lesson, and my syndrome makes me think im worse than everyone, always comparing so much ; n ; i ve always done it, but still. this was just to show my friend that i am not as good as him.. ill just delete the thread. no one even posted who they thought was better.. .-.
You'll have to ask a mod to delete the thread, I think.

Don't worry about it. It's quite possible that no one will rip you a new one here! :lol: I'm just warning you, because it might happen in the future.

Anyway, you shouldn't be having any discussions with your friends about who is better, and all of that. It's silly. It doesn't matter. Your friend is good. You are good. Isn't that enough? Both of you should be working hard to improve, and you can be supportive of each other. :)

And to answer your question (seriously), I can't tell who is better. You're both good in different ways. I can't pick. I'm being completely honest.
no he isnt my friend. hes just someone i was telling my friend that was better . 3.
Add a Comment: