Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

Prints and Etsy

:iconcourtneylynnwashburn:
CourtneyLynnWashburn Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Filmographer
Does anyone have any advice on making your own prints? do you like DA's print store or do you do it your self?

Does anyone sell their art (prints or originals) on Etsy? How is it working out for you? Do you have any advice to share?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondebra-marie:
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Etsy is the best online site to make money. The fees are the lowest. You just gotta promote!
CourtneyLynnWashburn Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Filmographer
I am still thinking about using Etsy i am not sure yet. I think it is a great site
:iconfreyv:
freyv Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I've just sold one print on deviantart, but compared to what I've made from prints on other platforms, dA's system sucks. You get too little profit from your own work. If you want to sell prints with profit, don't do it via dA.
:iconcnids:
Cnids Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Where else do you sell prints?
freyv Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Well you'll probably want to advertise to people watching you, so you can sell them here. Just not through dA's system. Now, I'm not very interested in selling prints myself, so I might be wrong, but it shouldn't violate any rules directing buyers to etsy/ebay or the like if you want to sell.
Or you could just do it the old-fashioned way and accept money through paypal and then mail them the prints "manually".
Of course, you'll have to buy the prints yourself first, from a printing company. This can be rather expensive for just one print, so if you want to sell yourself you should be sure to have a market. I'm not sure if there are any sites that offer the same service as deviantart with the whole shortcut system. You'll make a much bigger profit if you do it privately, that's all i'm saying. :)
:iconcnids:
Cnids Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh I thought you had like another website you used for prints, as opposed to just doing it on your own.
freyv Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Digital Artist
No, sorry. I don't think there are much websites for that, considering it it some extra work.
Thank you for the advice... I will keep that in mind. I all ways wondered about DA prints.
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student General Artist
I sell prints myself. dA takes way to big of a cut for me to be willing to sell prints through them. Generally I print mine at my school's printing facility, since it's an art school all the printers are very high end.

I don't use etsy either. To many fees and it's way to hard to get noticed on the site without them. I just have my own website that I do everything through. I still have to pay a bit, but I'm not getting nickle and dimed constantly. [link]
I was thinking about Etsy vs. Website. My brother is a web designer so i know that would be very easy for me. I will look into that... i don't want to be nickle and dimed . I was thinking of opening a shop but there is really so many people on there and i often wondered how newbies sell
Add a Comment: