Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 25

Copic Markers....

:icondragonnerd445:
Dragonnerd445 Nov 17, 2012   Digital Artist
Are they worth buying? I've heard they're excellent but also expensive. I'm apprehensive of buying into something I might not like...especially for such a high price. D:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkomiru:
I have a few copic markers, not many. But what I suggest is you use copic ciao first. They don't have as many colors as the copic sketch markers but they are also double ended like the sketch. Another thing is the ciao markers are cheaper than the sketch.

When I was searching up information I found this to be the cheapest place to buy them: carpediemstore.com
(also just so you know if you add the markers to the cart they are cheaper than what they list. I don't know why they do that).

If anything on the colors it all depends on what you draw. You may just want to buy your own instead of a set that way you get to pick the colors.

[link] <---This artist is a copic marker user and these are her favorite markers. It also gives you an idea of what some of the markers (obviously not all) look like.

Oh and if you are doing outlines or inking make sure you get waterproof ink! Most ink pens are that way now. If your willing to spend the money copic also has copic multiliner pens which are pretty nice to.

Hopefully that helps somewhat. :D Good luck!
:iconsky-c:
Sky-C Nov 19, 2012  Student General Artist
I got 144 copic ciao markers all at once...and it was love at first use. The only flaw is that ink runs out a little on the quick side. However they are refillable, which I love. :)

Most of the stuff in my gallery like:

are done with copic marker and colored pencil. :)

Terryl Whitlatch (if you dont know who she is, she did concept art for Star Wars) uses copic marker for her creature designs....They're amazing.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Nov 18, 2012
They worth it if you use markers.
:icontetchist:
Tetchist Nov 18, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
just buy one or two and play around. you will probably find that they are, in fact, excellent.
:iconsanguinediamond:
SanguineDiamond Nov 18, 2012  Student General Artist
I got a 12 pack for Christmas, full of the basic color, about $60, I don't use them to often, but they are really good quality, and are fun to work with!
:icontrickster91:
Trickster91 Nov 18, 2012   Traditional Artist
In my opinion they are worth buying. They are refillable and one refill bottle can refill a sketch marker up to 10 times or so.

When I started buying copics I just bought 3 or 4 of them that are in the same family (blending) group to see if I would like them. Well now I have around 170. But that was buying them in a period of about 3 years individually. :)
:icondragonnerd445:
Dragonnerd445 Nov 18, 2012   Digital Artist
That's a good idea. :) Thanks.
:icontrickster91:
Trickster91 Nov 18, 2012   Traditional Artist
No problem. :)
:iconafter--life:
After--Life Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It is worth it as much as you desire for it. ;)
:iconvisaga:
visaga Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yep, I borrowed some before and let me tell you, I'm jelly of my friend :lol:
Add a Comment: