Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Stimulus and enhancement 1.0

:icontylersf87:
TylerSF87 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I just wanna say, Iím not a master artist by any means, but these are just a few things Iíve found that helped me improve and continue to help me develop my skills. I hope you would share some of your tips also.

1. Find someone whose artwork you think is mind-blowing, and then look at what THEY are faving.

2. I especially love watching the speed drawing/painting vids on YouTube. You get to see their entire creative though process condensed into a few short minuets.

3. Do free requests for friends and family. I usually shrug off suggestions they give me because, to put it bluntly, I usually think that the subject they wanted me to draw is stupid. But lately Iíve been doing a lot of work for others and I found it really challenges me to draw things I normally would have no interest in. Also, they think youíre some kinda wizard for being able to put lines down on paper that look like something recognizable.

Thanks for stopping by, have a good day. :wave:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
'Threads need to start a discussion, ask a question, and/or be relevant to the Forum you are posting in.'

This really belongs in your journal.
This thread was created to start a discussion about artistic influence, specifically pertaining to methods of developing your artistic skills, and I asked others, you might say, questioned them to share their observations as well. And as far as being relevant, it’s really hard to narrow down the subject matter appropriate for a GENERAL forum.

Yes, I could have posted this in my journal, but I wanted a larger audience to get information from. Is that ok? :shrug:
:iconthisismyboat:
thisismyboat Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
#1 reminded me of a thing I read for musicians filling out their myspace profiles (this was a few years old, as you can tell): "Don't list your influences, list your influences' influences."
Sounds about right :) I never got on the MySpace bandwagon back in the day, and my Facebook is pretty much just a placeholder. I guess I’m getting old :/
:icontjlart:
TJLArt Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
thanks for the info :)
NP, I like the new avatar :D
:icontjlart:
TJLArt Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
cheers man :)
Add a Comment: