Closed to new replies
November 15, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 48

Why did you start doing art?

:iconcnids:
Cnids Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Most people seem to draw as kids, but then the desire drops off after some point. Did you draw consistently, or stop and pick it back up? How come?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhowlingwolf246:
Howlingwolf246 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I drew as a kid in elementary school. Didn't stop drawing really but I never really got too serious about it 'till I got older
:iconhgwizard:
HGWizard Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I've been off and on with it since I was a wee tot!

I do it for the same reason I like to make music and exercise, because it's fun!
:icondefor:
DeFor Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student
I never stopped drawing. I had nothing better to do.
:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Even when I was in kindergarten, I was writing and illustrating little stories during recess or at daycare. It's just something that's always been in me... I don't have as much time for art lately because college eats my life, but I'm getting back into it, and it's horribly refreshing.
Cnids Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
We used to have these things in my elementary school we called "Published Books" where we would write small stories, do illustrations, and then have the teacher coil-bind them. They were very exciting!
:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Ah, yes! My middle school did writing and art anthologies, and they accepted pretty much everything... I submitted to two of them, and I think that I had over ten poems in one of them, ahaha. What can I say; I was ambitious...
:iconfranxiscano:
franxiscano Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
when i was a child, that was my past time, it was my first love, i remember when i was in grade school, i represent my district school to compete in painting/drawing....i paint until college time, but when i was begin to work, painting faded coz of busy life...suddenly, my sister gave me a gift acrylic paint & watercolor last 2010, i was not using it for almost to years, 2 weeks ago, my wife want to buy wall decor(paintings) in a shopping mall, its so expensive!!!.... i told to my wife, i can do that for you, she didnt know i was painting..hahaha, last weekend, im looking the acrylic paint the gift of my sister, and i begin to paint again, now im done to my first piece, my wife is so happy....

-the funny thing is, i make my own easel stand(DIY).

IM NEWBIE HERE....just a minute ago, more power devianART
:iconmcrfan343:
Mcrfan343 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I always had an interest in art. I just enjoying making stuff in general.
:iconzingam:
Zingam Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I simply do not know because it was so long ago. I was barely able to hold the pen but decades later I still like to draw (do "art"). I am not a professional and I may not be even good but I hope to do art when I retire and until I die and I hope that by then I'll be good.
Cnids Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have a similar sort of mentality. Hopefully by the time I croak I'll have produced something worthwhile and lasting!
Add a Comment: