Closed to new replies
November 14, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

art and soul...

:iconforestlyric:
forestlyric Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
I recently read a good advice for soul progress by practising art, practising any form of art daily or regularly.
I could do a little drawing in high school, but i need to relearn it more, it seems,
so ,most of the time i just enjoy writing essays or writing my dreams down , my dreams r so vivid every night,
during the writing i feel i m really in that world instead of this world....
I also practise meditation sometimes and it gives me the same feeling...
nnd those two practice give me great help in my soul.
I m wondering if they r also a form of art practice?even though they r not using any real drawing methods?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It could be.
I'm a writer, but due to physical limitations, I'm not able to write every day. I do, however, think up quite a lot of storylines and I'm really working on learning stuff when I'm not able to practice. It's not the same as real practice, but you will learn from it.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Student General Artist
It can be. Alot of that thinking comes from Zen Buddahism, which is practicing something over and over again with total mindful and awareness. Art is pretty simular, but there are times where we can be not so restrictive and practice on how much you can get done under a minute or stuff like that. But most of the time where you are studying an object and using your fundamentals, its pretty close to a Zen like philosophy. Dynamic sketching classes especially shows this.

Art stuff is pretty powerful when it comes to asian arts, and its tied alot to religious purposes. India, the originator of buddahism, has tons of sculptures of various Gods and goddesses. They even considered a canvas displaying the very image the Gods to be scared. So yea, in a way, you can have religious ties to art, because original in asia, that was mostly the purpose of the arts, to be made for a God, or a King, not neccessarily for beauty.
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
I find knitting to be good for the soul.

Relaxes the body and clears the mind, once you have enough skill to get a good flow going.
:iconstarting-stats:
Starting-Stats Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional General Artist
I wouldn't think of it as art practice persay.
Art comes in alot of forms/varying boundaries. But it is meant to be visual.
If the writings being made are not presented in a way that's meant to be visual, as opposed to being read (there's a subtle difference), then it could be artistic practice.
Otherwise, I would think of it more as a practice in creativity.
:iconforestlyric:
forestlyric Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I used to think art to be visual....but music is not so visual and it is a great art...
actually many things based on imagination can be visual by your inner sense but not by outside eyes....
Add a Comment: