Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 23

Question Regarding Account Selling

:iconsweetens:
Sweetens Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
So I came across an account that someone was selling on DA for points since they no longer use it. It has a 6MO premium member ship and it's around 2 years old with 900+ watchers.

Now I was warned by a friend that DA freezes sold accounts if they catch wind of it so before I actually do buy it I just wanna know if it's allowed or not. If it isn't I'm going to have to back out as I don't want to be frozen.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student General Artist
Just reading the words DA for points makes slap my face. If they were leaving DA, why would they buy it with points for one thing. Wouldn't you buy it for money. I mean if the person was leaving DA, why are they asking points for it?
Sweetens Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
They aren't leaving.
They changed accounts.
:iconlyanti-wolf:
Lyanti-Wolf Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
mmm am i gonna have to follow you somewere else?
Sweetens Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
No.
I backed out of the offer.

I like my account and I don't want it frozen.
:iconlyanti-wolf:
Lyanti-Wolf Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
mmm good :3
Moderators please lock this topic.
I have received the answer I was looking for and therefore this board is no longer needed. -- Thank you.
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Since under the ToS the user agrees to not share their password with anyone and to provide accurate and true registration information at all times, transferring accounts is in violation of the ToS. Whether dA will overlook it or ban your ass is entirely at their discretion.
Then the best thing for me to do is to walk away from the account then and not purchase it. :3 Thank you for your help.

:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I don't see the point even if its allowed. They watched that person for the artwork THEY made, it's not like the 900 watchers will do you any good. Work on your art instead.
I'm not interested in the watchers.
I'm interested in the age of the account.

I'm fully aware that if I buy it that the watchers will change because I'm not the original artist.
Add a Comment: