Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 1

Design websites and forum appearances? What makes a design 'good'?

:icondraebox:
Draebox Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm at a point where I'm preparing to create a new look for a forum community I'm a part of, and though I've posted the question to them, I'm also going to ask here for developers' and fellow Deviants thoughts and opinions!

What do you think makes a 'good' website design (if your thoughts are different for forums, let us know both!)?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnelchee:
nelchee Nov 13, 2012  Professional General Artist
Good web site design delivers information to the user in the clearest possible way.
A web site that forces user to click through unlabeled graphics to get to some content is not well designed (yet some artists love using this method). A web site where difference between a regular text or link isn't obvious is not well designed. A web site with no structure or hierarchy is not well designed.
Your concern is to make all the text on the community easy to read (this means picking a neutral color for the text background and text color of sufficient contrast), making navigation bold and clear, and organizing content in a meaningful way. You have absolute freedom in choosing the colors and graphics to decorate your web site, as long as these conditions are met.
Add a Comment: