Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 175

Have you found your 'style'?

:iconresennar:
Resennar Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
I know a lot of artists go through a stage where they search for their style, something that differentiates their art from others. Coming from an artist who is still experimenting with their style, I'm curious :)

1. Have you found your style? Do you love it?

2. How long did it take you to find your style?

3. Did you mainly use other artists' work as inspiration or just made it up along the way?

4. What is something you are most proud of in your style? (i.e. colouring, shading, use of colour, anatomy, etc..)

:peace:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhugmehughes:
HugmeHughes Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
1. I've found my style but i love experimenting with different styles as well. And yes I always love drawing clouds.

2.It took me a while to find to find my own "style" but everyone starts off somewhere.

3. Seeing other artist who had simmilar styles inspired me to come up with my own, but it wasnt my main inspiration.

4.Use of organic shapes is my thing (: clouds, weird drippy figures and a lot of detail. I donno I think for what i do I do it pretty good.
:icondefor:
DeFor Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student
With some artists, no matter what medium they use, or how they use it, you can tell it's their art. The content or the method doesn't matter, you can tell it's theirs. That's what I would consider a style. It doesn't seem to be something that can be controlled, or found.
You seem to be talking about a preferred medium and method. If that is the case, why would I want to stick to one?
:iconsummitstars:
summitstars Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
1. Yep! I love it, love it, love it!
2. It took me 18 years to find it. I had some sort of artistic epiphany and my drawing "Give Up Your Ghost" was born that day. I've stuck with that style for most of my drawings ever since.
3. 99% of the time it's made up. There was a girl who used to go to my high school, and she graduated 3 years before I did. I never saw her in person in my life but I knew her brother kinda well and I was sad for him to find out that she had passed away in a car accident the year we graduated. A few months after she died I came across some of her artwork and it was so incredible and so similar to mine. She inspired a couple of my drawings and after I finished them I left them at her grave and thanked her for the inspiration. :)
4. Probably the shading and the shapes. I don't use any color. I also like the surreal and strange kinda thing I have going on. ;)
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I have not found my style yet :tears:
But I will one day
:iconresennar:
Resennar Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Don't give up! :D
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I won't ;)
:iconkelii:
Kelii Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
1. Have you found your style? Do you love it?
No, but I am discovering what mediums I like best

2. How long did it take you to find your style?
Not even close yet.

3. Did you mainly use other artists' work as inspiration or just made it up along the way?
I read a lot of books, but discovered things on my own too

4. What is something you are most proud of in your style? (i.e. colouring, shading, use of colour, anatomy, etc..)
not sure, there's too much I want to improve.
:iconsamichan0:
SamiChan0 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist
1. I love my style now, but I doubt it will stay that way. I don't mean it will permanently change to a completely different way of drawing, but things will definitely evolve within time.

2. About a year ago. I tried to draw anime, but it nothing quite clicked for me. I moved on from that and tried several cartooning styles instead, and eventually developed the one I do now. It's still a work-in-progress, but I am definitely better than I was in the past.

3. I actually combined several styles together from several aritst; what I did was list what I liked from each, and put them all together to create my style.

4. That's a tough one, but I think I'm most proud of my anatomy with my characters. I sucked HORRIBLY when I first started out. I'm still a bit rusty when it comes to proportions, but it is a definite improvement than in the past.
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
1) I have. Not entirely.

2) I dunno, six months? Drawing furfaggotry isn't the hardest thing in the world at a lower level.

3) That really depends.
Add a Comment: