Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

How do you think of poses?

:icontehrustedwolf:
TehRustedWolf Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
How do you think of a unique idea for a pose or something for your characters to be doing in a picture to keep them from looking so static and inactive?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjollygolightly:
JollyGolightly Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I blast my music and do poses in front of a mirror and then try to draw them lol
Its lame but really helps me
:icontehrustedwolf:
TehRustedWolf Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
That is a really good idea XD
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012   Digital Artist
Do your characters have a story? Have them doing something. Most people prefer to look a a picture that is a complete scene/has an emotion/story behind it rather than just a character design.
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Student General Artist
Usually they just come to me. Otherwise I'll be inspired by things I see during the day, or other artwork.
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I like to think of it less like posing and more like acting. If you have them do something and feeling something a pose isn't far away (a character digs for gold, a character orders food, a character fights space mutants while having a leg injury, etc). My problem is with "modeling" poses, the kind used just for the sake of pretty and showing off the design. I have no idea how you go about that besides gathering a ton of references and inspiration.
:iconultralithematic:
UltraLiThematic Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I am still learning myself! But I have found out that sketching the poses first helps later with the construction.

I get inspiration from artists here in dA too. Some are so cool. :iconamgtouchplz:
Add a Comment: