Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

Digital painting or drawing normal on paper?

:iconspirits-of-town:
spirits-of-town Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Asked digital painting or drawing on paper hundreds of times I could not prove the opinion
When Draw on paper enjoy more and produced faster
But when the draw plate electronic given in the end result of better and more beautiful
----
I tried to consult painter said to me: hand-painted painting gives feelings of painter and clear and beautiful either electronic board fees do not give so
------
And now I'm confused and I did not find the solution
------
I have a question may solve the problem What painter Anime used professional I mean painter who worked in companies that draws serials complete as serial Blaic or Naruto
I learned that serial Conan in the first of its parts-making drawing on paper and scanner but What about the modern parts
----------
Please I want an answer؟

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
Both?

Digital and Traditional have different strengths, so it varies from image to image what I use more of. You can never quite get digital to look like paint, but you can't get paint to look like digital, so don't try to do this, use both to equal strength in combination.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Student General Artist
It does actually vary among studios. A better answer would be to grab a ton of anime art books and look what they use. Or better yet, look up the animators for naruto, and the studio name and see what you come up with.

I found that some art books, animators do use 3D models for some animations. For makoto shinkai, I looked at art books, and he was using photoshop 7 or a really old version and after effects to makes 5Cm per seconds. ITs a beatufiul movie without the need for the CS versions. Plus he is an indie filmaker.

While Ghibli has done only a few digital, but most of their animations are done in traditional format, where all scenes are painted, and drawn.

Real Artist, (an animation that has a cell animation like drawing), uses a camera for filming the background. inked traditionally, and then painted digitally. (telling by the boxes, it looks like photoshop again)
[link]

Im pretty sure also, Tekkonkinkreet, is a mix of 3D background with 2D animation.

Its true, you can also only animated in photoshop too, since you can animate frame by frame by using the layers. Klo does a good example of that:
[link]

You can try also anime studio, flash, and toom boom. And the 3D software, maya.

Or if you get like anime DVD's, watch the behind the scences footage, or look some up on youtube.

Its pretty disclosed on which software they draw because there is usually alot of software, that can make the same effect, and the fact you can do alot of the fills traditionally.
From a student in my animation class, the only part that is traditiona are the keyframers (either that or the inbetweeners).
spirits-of-town Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
Thanks for the answer
I searched for some pictures of Makoto Shinkai, I can not find him only images with a graphics tablet Old (not a screen lcd)
Is it possible that he paints always using a normal plate?
Second: Do you write the name of programs involved in the establishment of work in the beginning or the end badge?
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Student General Artist
Is it possible that he paints always using a normal plate?
Plate? Explain what that is?

What does badge mean?

Can you explain your questions better?
spirits-of-town Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
See to the drawing tablet [link] on the table near Makoto he is not (lcd) is not such a tablet in the second link [link]
, I only ask that this board was is Mkoto tool in drawing
-------------
word badge I mean the beginning of the show in any work where he writes the names of votes performer and director, etc.
Do you write the name of programs included in the work
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student General Artist
Oh, do you mean the difference between a regular tablet vs a Tablet PC/LCD Tablet?

If so, Digital artist use different things, and both can be used. The only thing I heard about Tablet PCs is there a lag, meaning it won't draw exactly the same time as you touch it, and those are just expensive. But hey if you want to try it, there isn't anything wrong with that. Its just tablets without a screen on them are just cheaper.

Im still not sure what your asking for both of them. Do you mean giving credit to the original programmers? Its alot to say, Wacom by these following programmers. I just put like used a mouse or a wacom or tablet, or wacom tablet.
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Most production art for entertainment, such as comics and animation, is digital now because it must be done quickly and it is easier to make changes on the computer. But there are still artists who work traditionally. They are usually very fast at working.
Most fine art, like you find in a gallery is traditional because you can make many copies of a digital painting, and rich people and museums which buy fine art want an object that is unique.

Which you choose to work in depends on who you want to sell to. Or if you choose one or the other, it will limit your audience to the people who want that kind of art.
spirits-of-town Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Thanks for the answer
If I want to design a series full use of digital painting is the best that I can produce images more and change the background
------
But keep the traditional art is the most expensive of its rarity
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Yes, I think so.
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Student General Artist
Many artists use a combination of hand drawing/painting and digital drawing/painting. Most industry work is done using the Adobe Suite of projects such as photoshop. It all depends on the individual artist though, some prefer all digital while others prefer all traditional. There's no right way to do it, just what works best for you. But with that said, it is good to be skilled in both. It will make you more desirable to potential employers if you can work both traditionally and digitally.
Add a Comment: