Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Commisionable?

:iconhaunted-giraffe:
Haunted-Giraffe Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Do you think I could take commisions in this style, and if so, do you think people would actually buy them and if so, for how much?

And sorry for low quality!

[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwilwhalen:
WilWhalen Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Do I think you should actively pursue commissioners? No - you are jumping into an already over saturated market (both low-mid level commissions in general, as well as pencil copies of photos.)

Take some time, refine what you do, and just make art. You are 13 - your art may be a bit advanced for your age, but you have a long way to go to compete with the bevy of people who do what you do.
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Student General Artist
Honestly, you could probably get a few at a very low price. The anatomy and shading are off, and rather basic. There's nothing very original about your style that would draw clients in. And when most people are looking for portraits they're actually looking for busts (head and shoulders), not just a floating head.

Take some time to improve a bit, you're already pretty good, just not at a commissionable level in my opinion.
Add a Comment: