Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

Art Block

:iconsilverfountaincrane:
SilverfountainCrane Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hi! I know that every artisit goes through art blocks and i've been through a lot as well. But lately, I just don't know what to do. I've had this art block for a really long time and everything i draw lately, even if i like it at first, only serves as a temporary satisfaction. Nothing looks good to me to the point i almost don't want to draw anymore. I'm thinking of just taking a break from drawng for awhile becuase i think i might be trying too hard on my drawings and not drawing for what i like drawing for, for fun. So if anyone has any sort of suggestions they would be greatly appreciated! thank you! :)

Devious Comments

:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
As stated, there is an active thread stickied to the top of the forum. :)

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
:iconsamtheweirdo:
Samtheweirdo Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I always feel like I don't have the chops for drawing and I feel like giving up but I work through it I try to make tutorials (none posted up) some things I have trouble with or some fanart
And now I draw random OC's even if I don't like It it makes the creative juices flow and usually I later try to build on that drawing
Or watch speed paint videos and it makes me want to practice my painting
Now that Shayleen and Jack are up I can make one shots
Also I like practicing on chibis cuz I suck at drawing them
I hope this helps you in some way cuz it gives some ideas
Plus dont give up I love your style it is so unique I never really saw it before and it makes me interested in seeing more of it
You're so talented
Plus if you still feel like taking a break, try to start another creative release, I stopped drawing for almost a year and got into photography, plus I love writing stories and playing music which you can do if I can't convince you to not take a break
Hopefully you think about it
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional General Artist
There is an 'Official' Artist's Block Thread right at the top of this forum, do read it.
:iconjollygolightly:
JollyGolightly Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I get obsessed with something new. I MEAN LIKE, OBSESSED OBSESSED

Try to listed to a new genera of music
watch a movie or tv show you thought you would never watch
try too look at different art styles not just art like your own

then hope one of those things stick and inspire you. then milk it for all its worth and make some awesome art!!!
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Well of course it's a temporary satisfaction. So is food, but you don't refuse to eat just because you're going to get hungry again! You keep going because you always anticipate how great the NEXT drawing (or meal!) is going to be.

If we didn't get hungry then what reason would there be to eat three times a day? If we weren't disappointed in our art then why would we ever try to get better or make new pictures? The fact that the satisfaction is temporary is good, not bad. It keeps you reaching and trying for better things.
:iconhaunted-giraffe:
Haunted-Giraffe Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Think of a happy place, then freaking get that thing on paper!
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
You could go to the drawplz sub forum [link] and start with the top thread!
:icontetchist:
Tetchist Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
draw me a pig in a top hat
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Have you looked at the large sticky topic in the forum related to Artist's Block? :whisper:
:iconariensmith:
ArienSmith Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Honestly, artist's and writer's block don't really exist. It's usually just the person not wanting to work on something--they key to solving it is to persevere past any 'ugh I hate this' feeling until you get over the block. It's tricky and it takes a lot of self-control, but it never fails. :D
Add a Comment: