Closed to new replies
November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Original image gets marked with "deviation pending request form"

:icondoomtay:
DoomTay Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
I'll say now that, as far as I know, I never had anything on my account forcefully taken down

However, I've seen someone have all of his stuff removed and replaced with the label "deviation pending request form", including the handful of which that appears to be legitimately his own drawings and photographs.

What if that were to happen to me?

Let's say [link] gets tagged that way. The photograph in and of itself is my doing, though parts of the subject technically aren't (The parts would be LEGO's doing). Also, I may have deleted the original file.

So, what do I do if an original photo or image like this gets marked with "deviation pending request form"?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondoomtay:
DoomTay Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
The hard part is figuring out how to do that with your own photograph of a LEGO MOC or a family relative. Who exactly do you get permission from? The prop designers?
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hi,

If a member has multiple images that violate the rules, DA staff probably has a standard procedure to flag the whole gallery until the mess is sorted out. Don't break the rules and you don't have to worry about it.

"Official written permission or license is required whenever you wish to use artwork or photographs created by someone else; it is also required if you wish to use screenshots, official artwork from a video game, scans from an art book, or any other source material which is considered the legal property of another person. Permission is still required even if you have planned to manipulate, color over, blend the original with other images, or otherwise digitally work over the original work."

FAQ #157: Can I use things created by other people in my submissions?
FAQ #306: Does "Crediting" let me use whatever I want?
Add a Comment: