November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

Unconventional art?

:iconjuuxmiko:
JuuxMiko Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Hello there!
I'm actually working on a portfolio, and one of the things I need to give is "an abstract piece in unconventional non-traditional materials". But it's a bit complicated for me to understand. I really don't know what to do. I tried to look on Google but it doesn't help me. :(
Could you guys help me a bit to understand this please?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student General Artist
an abstract piece in unconventional non-traditional materials

All I did was break the wording down a bit, and basically you need to make an abstract piece. You should pretty much know what that is.

Think of what it means unconventional, and non traditional. What are traditional materials that are used in are. Traditional meaning, like the usual, paint, clay, etc. So for unconvential and non traditional, it means you should be using something that is not usual art materials or stuff you wouldn't gater at an art store. Coffee, blood, rope, trash, etc. Mix media.
:icont4pew0rm:
T4pew0rm Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
paint with blood pus and snot
:iconbolainmarsh:
Bolainmarsh Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
But it was Sun-Tzu's THE ART OF WAR, written sometime in the fifth century ... in light of the growing threat of unconventional weapons,
:iconurus-28:
Urus-28 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
unconventional non-traditional materials : I think it's to art related material, so I would understand it as making an abstract creation with non artistic materials.
An example in the art history is Dali shooting at metal plates with an old rifle.
What I imagine right now :
You can glue pieces of old tires on a support to create a shape.
Place a large paper sheet at an entrance to have the many foot prints of people passing here.
Make an abstract creation of rubber band on glass.

So many possibilities =P
JuuxMiko Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Yeah, so many possibilities and not much time ^^
Thank you too for the ideas :) I am restarting it today because it doesn't please me anymore ^^"
:iconurus-28:
Urus-28 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No problem, I hope you have find some inspiration :thumbsup:
JuuxMiko Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Oh thank you really much guys!
I had already started something with make up, if I mix it with a collage it will be okay no? I hope so ^^"
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional General Artist
Yeah, but I'd suggest to try also gluing some small light 3D object as well just to make sure it's "unconventional" enough ;)
JuuxMiko Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Okay :)
Again thank you so much for you advises! I was desperate x)
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Professional General Artist
No problem :aww: and check this work out, it got a DD today: [link] a great example.
Add a Comment: