Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Closed to new replies
November 8, 2012

Replies: 5

how long does it take?

CJPalermo Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
hello fellow deviants... I have a question...

if you are making an art, example digital paint in full color, how long does it take for you to finish it? will it take days? or just an hours?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Mercury-Crowe Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
15 minutes to several months, depending on the piece.
maxspider72 Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012   Traditional Artist
Mine tend to take days, and weeks, and sometimes months simply because I have a hard time finding the time to work. I have to squeeze it in when I can. On top of that, I'm just not a very fast artist. If I could work on one piece from beginning to end in one shot, I'd probably be looking at a couple/few hours (sketchcard) or up to twenty hours or better (painting or pencil portrait), depending on what I'm doing. :spidey:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Depends on what the subject is, how much details or things are there or I want and other life commitments.
waiting-for-wings Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
it really does depend on a lot of different factors. I've done a picture that took me months and another that took me a day, so it really does vary
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional General Artist
Depends on what kind of art, if it's just a character, or a scene with a lot of details and a background...
Some artworks take just a couple of hours, others take several days to complete. I used to sit for entire day (8-10 hours) completing one work, but I can't do that anymore because of my job and other things, so spreading the work across several days works better for me in any case. Plus you get a chance to see your work with fresh eyes every day, and spot mistakes you wouldn't if you were looking at it the entire time.
Add a Comment: