Closed to new replies
November 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

how long does it take?

:iconcjpalermo:
CJPalermo Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
hello fellow deviants... I have a question...

if you are making an art, example digital paint in full color, how long does it take for you to finish it? will it take days? or just an hours?

:)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Nov 9, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
15 minutes to several months, depending on the piece.
:iconmaxspider72:
maxspider72 Nov 9, 2012   Traditional Artist
Mine tend to take days, and weeks, and sometimes months simply because I have a hard time finding the time to work. I have to squeeze it in when I can. On top of that, I'm just not a very fast artist. If I could work on one piece from beginning to end in one shot, I'd probably be looking at a couple/few hours (sketchcard) or up to twenty hours or better (painting or pencil portrait), depending on what I'm doing. :spidey:
:iconphoenixleo:
Depends on what the subject is, how much details or things are there or I want and other life commitments.
:iconwaiting-for-wings:
waiting-for-wings Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
it really does depend on a lot of different factors. I've done a picture that took me months and another that took me a day, so it really does vary
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Nov 8, 2012  Professional General Artist
Depends on what kind of art, if it's just a character, or a scene with a lot of details and a background...
Some artworks take just a couple of hours, others take several days to complete. I used to sit for entire day (8-10 hours) completing one work, but I can't do that anymore because of my job and other things, so spreading the work across several days works better for me in any case. Plus you get a chance to see your work with fresh eyes every day, and spot mistakes you wouldn't if you were looking at it the entire time.
Add a Comment: