Replies: 12

speed painting

:iconforenkazan:
Forenkazan Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
hello guys

there are so many speed paintings videos on the youtube

i want to learn painting
so
are there any channels on the youtube for paintings or toturials on other websites (no speed paintings please)
no problem if the video lasts for hours i want to learn painting :(

thank you so much

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconboredtolife:
BoredToLife Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
This website is a great start. lots of free tutorials, and a few for sale at a really good price. I'd suggest watching every video and doing every tutorial.

[link]
Forenkazan Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
which is better: painting on pc or on tablet ?
:icontetchist:
Tetchist Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I have a lot of speedpainting that I do myself on my channel - [link]
:iconmeronfeisu:
meronfeisu Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student Digital Artist
wow this place is a joke
:iconmeronfeisu:
meronfeisu Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student Digital Artist
woops. wrong thread, plz ignore my ramblings
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
these guys are awesome!
[link]
[link]
Forenkazan Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
thank you very much ^^

but do you know any website or youtube channel that learn how to paint ?
:iconwilwhalen:
WilWhalen Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Getting your materials out and painting is the only way to learn to paint. You can watch videos all day long, but if you don't fire up your brain into active learning mode you're just going to have a bunch of theory that you can't apply properly.

Fire up your painting program of choice, grab a mirror and do a self portrait.

Once you slog through the absolute basics for a while, then you can start benefiting more from videos. At the beginning learning stages you're just going to be in over your head.
:iconsewbunny:
Sewbunny Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012   Digital Artist
i'd say go to DA and look up tutorials. There's also various webpages on tumblr that teach people how to draw.
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional General Artist
This would be better suited in the "digital art" section. You'll probably get better advice there.
:iconfrosen24:
fROSEn24 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hey wassup i been doing speedpaints for awhile now and it is very simple i will gladly show you some references to how to but here are some pointers that alot of people dont know

1 obviously you got to know how to draw so you can color in your work but if you dont know how you can go on google and type in anime or manga pictures to color or coloring book and there are free references to the picture to color

2 When you see speedpaints they are usually colored by using a wacom tablet just google it the cheapest one is like $75 but it is well worth it some people use a mouse but that is soo difficult lol

3 ok ok now i know that you want to get down to drawing/ coloring here are common programs people use
-Paint Tool Sai
-Sketchbook Pro
-Photoshop
-Open Canvas
-Manga Studio
*there are many more but these are common in my opinion the best one to use for drawing is sketchbook because it is very close feeling to a real paper and pencil on a computer (again a tablet is helpful)

Now alot of people buy these programs at your local art store, online, and even best buy or office stores but real talk these are some expensive programs i just downloaded them for free on piratebay.org and try to get one with a crack so you dont have to download a trial version of a program (if you need help with this process just let me know)

4 Now to get it on youtube or the web period.
Alot of videos you see are obviously not in real time and they are sped up. You can use many many screen recording programs
-Camtasia
-Camstudio
-Windows Movie Maker
-AVS Movie Editor
- and many more but these are my best ideas i personally use camtasia 7 and again you can download them on piratebay.org.
by using these programs to record the screen you start making the video. It's simple to put clips together to make a complete movie i would advise to record in increments of like 8 to 10 minutes sometimes video recordings mess up when they are longer. They only speed up the video like to 4-12 times the actual speed to make it look faster because in reality nobody wants to watch a 3 or 8 hour coloring session

Now when you start coloring your picture there are so many things you must learn im going to look at some video's on youtube that i favorited ages ago that helped me and dont worry i dont mind helping it was hard to get help when i was trying to figure it out myself

Also if you like manga come check out my page im a new mangaka on the rise and really need some input or subscriptions thank you
[link]
and
[link]
Forenkazan Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
i mean digital painting

i am using photoshop cs5
Add a Comment: