Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 34

Am I good enough for a career in art?

:iconchocochiyoko:
CHOCOCHIYOKO Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I really don't know. I am thinking of trying to pursue art as a career but I would prefer to not be a starving artist. I would love to have a career in illustration, design, fashion, gaming, movies effects or anything like that. I think an art job would make me the happiest but I am nervous to launch into it.
Please take a look at my gallery and be honest with me. Thanks.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconchocovanillax:
ChocoVanillaX Nov 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I think you are awesome ^^ you can do it if you work hard and study the techniques deeper.
:iconcielle4vr:
cielle4vr Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
GO FOR IT!!! You'll learn so much in college, just make sure you're completely devoted to practicing and have fun!
:iconsewbunny:
Sewbunny Nov 8, 2012   Digital Artist
Listen dear, A career is different from a job. The thing is though you have to know which art form you specifically wants to do. When a person looks at your art profile they're looking at many different things, it's all depends on what you're launching as a career. For example if you want to be in digital art they won't look at how well you can draw but how well you can handle a program. So in the end i'll say this, every one can have a career but you have to know which one is for you.
CHOCOCHIYOKO Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I will work hard to expand my portfolio and try to find what I like :D I guess studying art would be a good way of experimenting
Sewbunny Nov 8, 2012   Digital Artist
Try all the things :iconrainbowplz:
I will XD
Sewbunny Nov 9, 2012   Digital Artist
:iconthumbsupplz:
:iconchemicalalia:
ChemicalAlia Nov 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
All of the things you listed require different and specific skill sets. If you have your mind set on a particular art career, you'll need to focus on developing the skills necessary to do the job and a portfolio to demonstrate those skills. Awesome drawing/painting skills won't get you a job as a 3d modeller, for example.
I will try to find what I want...I guess studying art would be a good way to figure this out...
:iconsangrde:
Sangrde Nov 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Oh I am in high school too! Are you planning to get in art college, And then get a job?

I am going to art college after Graduating high school. Well,. I am not sure if I should do it or not.. Because my mom does not like me draw and wants me to go business major,.. Meh

Anyway I am free lancer while attending high school, and worked for various jobs like online game, illustration book etc. I believe this would be nice for my college/job portfolio in future so freelancing would build you good work experience (as long as it doesnt affect on your grade)

And draw other styles so you can get MORE clients -- anime, semi realism, pixel, realism, traditional and digital, pencil and water color, etc.

I have many different styles so ppl think it's not drawn by the same person sometimes xD;; but make sure you develope one unique own style which would be your major!
Add a Comment: