November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

attention all digital artist

:iconofficialpoypoy:
Officialpoypoy Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Student General Artist
Doing digital art again!
its been like 6 months since iv used them.

Is there any tips or advice you cud give me doing digital art?

any mistakes and solutions you learned along the way?

Iv done paper, Iv done graffiti but
Im ganna do alot more digital art for sure.

Anything you can tell me that will help???

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwinglessfairy:
WinglessFairy Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'd say just mess around with the programs and learn what they do! There's a lot of really good tutorials on deviant art as well =3
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Professional General Artist
My tips:
:bulletblack: Stay away from the airbrush unless absolutely necessary.
:bulletblack: Stay away from the smudge/dodge/burn tools unless absolutely necessary.
:bulletblack: Don't shade with a darker tone of the same color or black, or make highlights with a lighter tone of the same color or white. It doesn't work that way in real life, and it makes your work look dull.
:bulletblack: I'm assuming you're using Photoshop because I noticed the brush spacing, lower the brush Spacing to 1% for clean lines and clean tone application (you won't have those circles on the edges).
Officialpoypoy Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student General Artist
thank you for the tips they were pretty easy to read thank you very much!!! And right now i have gimp.

How do i shade if i cant shade with a darker tone? do i lower the opacity thats what iv been doing so far recently today
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional General Artist
I said not to use the darker shade of the same tone. If a surface is red, don't just use darker red for shadows. Use some other darker color, that depends on the surroundings (if the background is blue-ish, then shadows should be blueish too).
Officialpoypoy Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student General Artist
OOOHH now i get it. Okay thanks ill keep that in mind tonight when i get back home :)
:iconegypturnash:
egypturnash Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
You can shade with something that's darker, just turn it around the color wheel a bit so it shifts in hue as well.

The easiest way to do this is to make a new layer and set it to 'multiply' then draw in your shadow color. Blue is the usual favorite, because when you're outside in the sun you'll get a little illumination of the shadows from the blue sky.

(I also see people do some amazing shadows with a solid hot cobalt blue now and then, but that's the advanced method.)
Officialpoypoy Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student General Artist
i get it thanks cuz iv been doing this mistake all the time and i dont even realize it. i also thank the other guy for telling this.
ill definetly take the tip thanks
:iconyoon-kun:
Yoon-kun Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Student
have fun. study other peoples work
:iconsoulmankicks:
soulmankicks Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i say have fun with it i create a lot of things with the help of my smart phone it's fun just get to now the program your gonna use
:iconco-phantom:
Co-Phantom Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Try the Digital art forum. :dummy: It also depends on what you wanna do with digital art, I suppose. :I
Add a Comment: