Closed to new replies
November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Bamboo Create size, worth it?

:iconyoumustbenewhere:
Youmustbenewhere Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Like the title says, i'm wanting to upgrade my Wacom Bamboo pen to a Bamboo Create, mostly for the size, i want more space to be avalible while i draw.

The problem here, is that i've been looking at reviews and i saw that the Create active area is quite small compared to it's actual size.

Could anyone that had tried both Bamboo pen and Create, give me their toughts about the size?

Is the difference really noticeable between the size?

Thanks in advance!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontetchist:
Tetchist Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
the space you draw in doesn't change. whether your active area is six inches on a side or sixty, it maps it proportionally to the screen, so you're still getting the whole screen in there.

I use an intuos 4 small and I have never felt constrained by its size.
:iconfrosen24:
fROSEn24 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
yea i have one of the oldest bamboo tablets from 3 years ago and it still works fine i never cared about pressure sensitivity but if i were you get the cheap bamboo and save up for the cintiq baby
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Professional General Artist
I don't think there is only one size of either of them... there must be a "small" and "medium" size for most Bamboos, so just look up the specifications and what it says about the active area size, and you'll know for sure.
Youmustbenewhere Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Yes, i have Bamboo pen Small.

I saw the specifications for both, there isn't a very big difference (but i haven't saw it in person), i just wanted to know if you could notice it while using it to see if it's worth the purchase.

Thanks for answering!
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional General Artist
Personally, I'd go for a medium size definitely, it's more comfortable to use. I think that's the best size for most people. Large may be too large (although I love mine, some people might find it too bulky), small size is OK for a start, but I always advise people to save up for the medium size instead.
Youmustbenewhere Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
I've been gathering information from other sources too, and with this last comment i decided that i will continue and upgrade my small bamboo to a medium sized one.

Thank you for your toughts.
:iconraiinysummer:
raiinysummer Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
I don't think a larger active area seriously matters. I've been using a bamboo pen for a year now, and it works perfectly fine.
I've also started using Intuos for classes, and it doesn't make much difference. I suppose it all comes down to personal preference.

I'm not sure how big Bamboo Create is compared to Intuos though.
Youmustbenewhere Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
I see.

i've been using a bamboo pen (small) for the same amount of time too, works perfectly fine on Photoshop, Sai and other art programs.

But i currently need a bigger drawing space for other reasons, i just wanted to get an opinion from someone with both tablets, to see if you can notice the difference in sizes.

Thanks for answering!
Youmustbenewhere Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Please respond ;_;
:iconzingam:
Zingam Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It is said that large tablet makes sense if you have large monitor. Do you?
Add a Comment: