November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

PNG editor?

:iconultimamage578:
UltimaMage578 Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
Hiyas!

To cut to the chase, I've started to have the need to upload in pngs. mostly due to how dA has become incompatible with tiff and also due to how much smaller PNGs are.

However, all I need is to download something that allows me to edit contrast and brightness. that is all I need. i don't want gimp or paint.net. i just want something that edits brightness and contrast, which Windows can't do on a png for some reason. and I'm getting kind of tired of saving everything as a TIFF, editing, and then resaving it as a png.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondarqx:
Darqx Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
First of all i figure you must feel frustrated that people are asking why not use such and such a thing when you seemingly want something simple, but just so you know the tone of some of your replies to people that are trying to help makes you sound like a twat :B

Anyway here are some lists of programs that you may find useful, most of them are just basic photo editors so they should have a brightness/contrast editor. You can read up on them a bit and then download which one you think looks good.
UltimaMage578 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
It's kind of hard to sound thankful when everyone seems to not get what I am saying. But I thank you for these. And yes, I know I sound like a bitch. Actually, hell, I sound like a c-word, but the past few months have not been good for me. All I wanted was something simple and I thank god and you for finally sending it to me.
:icondarqx:
Darqx Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No problem. Haha yah well, most of the time people want things with all the bells and whistles attached to when asking for the complete opposite it's kind of like a "are you sure that's what you want?" moment :P I hope your next few months get better for you but also try not to take out your frustrations too much on other people ok :)
UltimaMage578 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Yes well, I'm in the boonies. I've been taught you gotta live with what you gotta live with.

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. My financial aid for college has always been fucked up. That's why I need just a PNG editor, lols. II may be staying home all of next semester, whether it be ot not be my decision. That's why I'm all like "BLARRGH NO BELLS AND WHISTLES!!" Even though I could do digital art quite well, I want to improve on my traditional.

Plus there's that, and I do have my music program, which kills my computer as it is, and I love remixing whenever I can get to it.
:iconxternal7:
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
GIMP.
UltimaMage578 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
I don't want GIMP. I don't need so much stuff.
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Pro tip: You don't need to use features you don't like.
I don't see why I need to download something so unneeded when there probably is program that only does what I need. All I need is brightness, contrast and cropping. That is it. There is probably something that is only that.

Plus my computer at home is on it's last legs. It probably can't load GIMp. It can barely load my Fruity Loops (a music program).
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
GIMP is 70 MB download, and that's not much. And it has pretty much low system requirements.

Unless you have a museum sample of a computer with Windows 98 running, but if that's the case, you won't find anything that would suit your needs.
It's Vista. The thing is around four years old and is probably infested with viruses.

Like I said, The thing barely opens up my music program. There are some days it won't even load.

It may not be a 98, but it sure as hell acts like one.
Add a Comment: