Closed to new replies
November 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

How to photo a portrait drawing better?

:iconzershyrum:
zershyrum Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012   Traditional Artist
Hi deviants :) I have a huge dilemma about photo shooting of some of my portraits drawn in dry brush with oil. So the problem is I can't figure out how to capture in my Nikon D40 a photo exactly how the portrait is. What annoys me the most is the gray color instead of the paper's white. I have tried using the blitz also but that breaks some of the shading drawn in the portrait (the light-gray zones). I want to keep all the values of the portrait and to have the grey zones in the jpg as white as on the paper...Is there a way to do this?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
:iconzershyrum:
zershyrum Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012   Traditional Artist
Euterpe-The-Egret .. thank you, but I am not into setting the camera too much, do you know what settings would fit the best? there are so many butons here :))

=Katara-Alchemist ~Adder-SnakeBite Ok .. i will try to take the photos somewhere outside, thank you.
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Photos taken in natural daylight tend to come out much cleaner for some reason. Take your pictures outside or somewhere where there is good natural lighting.
:iconeuterpe-the-egret:
Euterpe-The-Egret Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
If you can adjust your camera's settings, that can help alleviate the grey problem.
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Student General Artist
I advise taking your picture outside, but not in direct sunlight. That has always helped me.
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Use PNGs.
:iconthenecco:
TheNecco Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Student General Artist
try to correct it in photoshop
Add a Comment: