Closed to new replies
November 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 72

About your art and you

:iconooninayumeoo:
OoNinaYuMeoO Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why do you create (= draw/take photo/anything) ?
Yes it is because it makes you happy but, apart from that : is it to expose what you feel, to show something to people, what is your aim, deep under ?

How much do you care about what others say/think/comment or don't comment about your deviations ?

Did you take drawing/photo/anything-your-art-is classes once in your life ? How many and when in your history ? or are you a "self taught artist" ad what does it really mean ?

Why do people submit "I hate... " stamps ?? I don't get it... [ sorry for that one but i couldn't help]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhiminblar:
Himinblar Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I create because; I need to, love to be creative and I wanna show the world that's running through my head and what inspires me in life. I thaught myself to draw eversince I was a kid and It's also therapeutic to me. Since I really enjoy to watch other peoples art and thoughts I also want to show mine. I guess I don't always care if people comment, fave or like it - as long as I get my own satisfaction being artistic. But as many other artists out there I never mind the recognition. ;)
OoNinaYuMeoO Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
^^ thank you for sharing!

Yeah i think nobody has problems with recognition ;) (except thoose who lie about it) lol ... that's just my opinion...

:icondelphineapollo:
DelphineApollo Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I'm trying to learn to draw in order to get into commerical illustration but I've had no success in learning the basics. I've taken art classes (both inside and outside of college) and bought tons of books but nothing seems to help. My artwork is in general awful and does not express anything about me in any manner. I really hope one day to just get rid of my style and start emulating other styles. I really want to do this as a full time job and I'm putting everything into it. I still can't even get into an art college. At the moment I really don't care about subject matter, just technical skill.

The only types of comments I care about are critiques. I wish to be compared to professional grade work. compliments are not welcome and ignored on my page. I see them as nothing but lies.
OoNinaYuMeoO Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I checked out your gallery and i think you do have basic technical skills and even more. it appears to me you have a good sense of the proportions, the perspectives... for instance.

Maybe you should try drawing in a way you never tried before. Maybe you think/focus too much on the result and it blocks you in some way. Maybe you should try and draw just for fun, nor for getting a result.
Art (in general) is bad if you do it just to get a result...
Personal style is not given to everybody and it is not something you can learn.

Apart from that, i am surprised about what you said about comments and compliments. I do see what you mean. But instead of being gratefull you are being mean to people who took the time to write them... :( this is sad. But any way you are totally free to do what you want so... ^^

Well i hope you'll get to what you hope !
:iconeclipsica:
Eclipsica Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012   Traditional Artist
I used to do art as a hobby, then I dropped it because I needed a career and thought being an artist was unrealistic.
Then one day when I realized my life couldn't possibly be worse because my wages were food stamp qualifying, I decided to make a portfolio. I hardly ever looked back. I decided that I want my choices to between low/unpaid skilled labor (in this case art work) and high paid work.

I do not want to do low paid and unskilled labor. Increasingly I am saying "no" to these types of work situations to the point of nearly being unemployed. That said if there is ever an option of getting higher paid work, I am permanently gone from working on art as a profession. I only choose art as my profession when the other choices are so much worse.

I have taken art classes, wasn't allowed to attend art school and I learn new techniques whenever I can. I am not a fan of the self taught artist. I've taken so many art classes and still so far to go, I don't know where I'd be if I tried to learn everything by myself.

I care about most comments. Non constructive criticism is ignored the one giving it out is seen as a troll.
OoNinaYuMeoO Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i hope it will be ok for you

thanks for sharing !
:iconponderhope:
PonderHope Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student General Artist
is it to expose what you feel, to show something to people, what is your aim, deep under ? I really want to display art that I find interesting to myself with imagery and concepts that I find fulfilling. And to hope that people appreciate what I create and get noticed, recognized, and respected as an artist. Someday, I want to really expose all of my struggles with my peers and girls and display that in my art. That's why I enjoy female portraits and art that looks very dark with eroded like textures. If you look at art from things like...hardcore / metalcore album covers, you'll see imagery of angels, butterflies, hearts, etc. I feel like those are very very transcendental and ethereal and display some sort of estrangement from love and a sense of yearning. Something I've wanted for years. I'm not misogynistic, but based on my experiences with girls, they do piss me off. So I enjoy distortions and art that look aggressive and abrasive. People have told me that I have a very expressive style and in my current style, I use a lot of imagery revolving around skulls and faceless abstract figures or abstract figures with wings and one eye. I want to display and illustrate anguish, heartbreak, unrequited love, depression, fury, wrath, anger, etc.
PonderHope Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student General Artist
is it to expose what you feel, to show something to people, what is your aim, deep under ?

How much do you care about what others say/think/comment or don't comment about your deviations ? I really enjoy critique and comments because it makes me feel like I'm not being pushed aside and that I'm being appreciated and noticed.

Did you take drawing/photo/anything-your-art-is classes once in your life ? How many and when in your history ? or are you a "self taught artist" ad what does it really mean ? I used to take art classes as a kid at a local art museum, and I also took painting and drawing classes this summer. ( those were very stressful) I've been doing a lot of self-taught stuff lately, but before that my graphic design teacher ( who was also a painter and illustrator) taught me MANY MANY things. He left my school to start a business and then once he left, I carried on as self-taught.

Why do people submit "I hate... " stamps ?? I don't get it... [ sorry for that one but i couldn't help] Eh, I don't know, hahaha.
OoNinaYuMeoO Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
wow ! this was sooo complete ^^

thanks for giving your point of view ;)
hope you'll live a good love story sometime, by the way ;)
PonderHope Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student General Artist
I hope that is...
Add a Comment: