Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 19

Some improvements to my/your artwork

:iconbyakuya1619:
Byakuya1619 Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
Hello everyone. I'm just wondering what did you decide to improve your artwork and why did you chose this way. Unless you didn't thought about that and now just thinking about this. What are you thinking and why?
By the way, it will be nice of you if you would like to grade my artwork and write any suggestions, because I'm currently searching for a new style or technique.
Please be polite and behave mature to the others.

PS: My english is not proper because I'm polish.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
When I stopped trying to copy others work, and started working on skills on my own rather than imitation.

I would suggest stepping into the world of realism. Draw the people you see around you, your pets, other people's pets, the kids on the playground, the cars on the street, your shoes on the floor. Draw anything and everything. Even if our end goal is some type of stylized style, like anime, start with realism, it is how the artists who produce anime start, and if you really want to master it (or any style) it all starts with realism.
Byakuya1619 Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
Good for you!
Yeah, I started to draw some portraits of famous people but my sketches just don't seem to be finished.
I'm always fascinating by realism, because I know how hard it is to reach this realistic effect.
Thank you for your comment!
:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Student Filmographer
don't be afraid to alter your style and do new things.
:iconx666nightmare666x:
x666NiGhTmArE666x Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
Improvements just sort of happen to my artwork. It's a pleasant surprise. However, I found re-drawing my artwork and listing the mistakes helps me improve.
Byakuya1619 Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
Yeah, that's the same thing as I do.
Thanks for your comment.
:iconplantiebee:
plantiebee Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Always try something new, and dont do it just once. Do it repeatedly. With every new project think "this time Id really like to add this new element" whether it be a new background feature, lighting feature, or something else. In the end, you'll move forward piece by piece
Yes, I agree with you.
Sometimes I'm thinking about new features to add to my artwork but I'm almost always failing and I'm thinking that it's not the right time for me, but then I realise that without practice I can't learn anything. Everyone are learning from their mistakes, right?
By the way, I really like your gallery.
:iconplantiebee:
plantiebee Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Mmm definitely. I was having this exact same discussion with my art collective the other day. I recently switched to oils from acrylics and have been struggling with certain techniques. Someone suggested I try monochrome underpainting, and made the point if you screw up and its ugly, youd learn and then you start again - in the end itll only benefit you than harm you!
And thank you ^^
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012   Digital Artist
Well, I never actually tried to do anything to specifically improve it. Rather it just kind of happened at times. I know that taking life drawing, and drawing off of live models helped, and when I started smoking it helped me focus on shapes and forms better too. Besides that it just kind of happened from practice.
Yeah, that's true.
Practice is very important, because you are still learning new techniques and tips.
By the way, your work is amazing.
Thank you for your comment.
Add a Comment: