Details

Closed to new replies
November 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

how do I go about hiring a nude model?

:icondarklight436:
I'm by no means a professional photographer and it's for no business use either. I was wondering what hurdles I need to overcome to hire a model for amateur photo shoots?

do i need to write up a contract? though the shooting wouldn't take too long. Do I really need to have a business title? how about pay? what is the range i should expect to cover?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconafrican-artist:
african-artist Nov 5, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Got a boyfriend/girlfriend? I asked my ex to pose, and he was all too willing to.
no, I have no one close enough willing to pose...
:iconmoose-408:
Moose-408 Nov 4, 2012  Professional Photographer
Craigslist.com or ModelMayhem.com are great resources for nude models. You should get a model release, but should not need a formal contract. Price range is going to be around $75-100/hr for nude models. However you can sometimes find less expensive models who are new to modelling.
what's a model release?
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Nov 5, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
What is a model release form: [link]
ah... ok, this makes sense to have, thanks
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Nov 4, 2012   Digital Artist
The homeless don't need no contracts.
:iconbustermaximus:
Well, you could start with modelling sites like Model Mayhem, and see who might be listed in your area. I would think that, as long as you've got money willing to pay, there will be models willing to work with you. Once you find someone both interesting and interested, you should probably meet and hammer out the details from there.
:iconannaszy:
AnnaSzy Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You may ask some local drawing schools, they hire models too. Or maybe do some "less controversial" sessions to your friends and their friends, and when you prove them that you are serious and skilled photographer, they will be more eager to pose nude.
sadly I have no local art schools, and my family and friends are conservative, not to mention I would be too shy to ask them
Add a Comment: