Closed to new replies
November 20, 2011
Link

Statistics

Replies: 92

How to get my artwork noticed ?

:iconkagoe:
Kagoe Nov 20, 2011  Student Traditional Artist
I noticed people often say submitting to groups is a good way of getting noticed but I've submitted to loads of groups and still not received much attention. For example... [link]

Is there something my artwork is missing? Or do I just need to try a different approach.. :iconteatimeplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Dec 26, 2011  Professional Traditional Artist
You have 151 watchers...you're plenty noticed.
:iconmadg3ni0us:
MADG3ni0us Dec 26, 2011  Student Digital Artist
That pic has almost 1k views and over 200 favs I think your doing pretty good honestly.I think just keep up what your already doing and build up some faithfull watchers over time.Then as you get even better even more people will begin to watch you and after a while you'll be drowning in views~
:iconpeteyxkid:
PeteyXkid Dec 26, 2011  Student Digital Artist
HERE I WILL EXPLAIN IT ALL:

Things u need to do:
1) Being active, submitting arts weekly(2-3 times) will sure get u full attention, not more than that, or else, watchers may get pissed off because you have a care more about quantity (number) rather than quality (hard work on a single drawing).
2) Groups, its a community that a lot of people like to join in, sure it will give u enough attention because there are like 1000+ watchers in it, but that attention is not probable, I always thought that 1000+ view on my deviation, but I was wrong since half of the watchers will "x" the file from their mail, 1/4 may reply lately. and the others may be deleted or inactive at all, these conditions give you 250 views as maximum. (sad, isnt it?)
3) Commu-link, what is that u say? its a word I invented that means connecting one community website with another to get more exposure, just like youtube and Deviantart, u can use twitter, tumblr, myspace etc to do the same too. I like using this since my friends will watch my work without going to them and showing it LOL.
4) Think of ways people will have ur attention, like add fitting colors in ur drawing so that they want to view it in their message board, and at least view it without any comments or fave. There was one time a friend of mine did a drawing that looked almost realistic that it made me click it LOL and it was just some lines and shapes connected LOL

I wish I helped :D
:iconsiehorse:
Siehorse Dec 25, 2011  Student Digital Artist
Dude who cares. it's an internet profile that has no weight in the real world. what's better - focusing on the quality of your art or trying to kick up your pageviews?
:iconladykuki:
LadyKuki Dec 25, 2011  Student General Artist
Ah, now I see why you want more views: Apparently 4k is not enough. I would kinda feel the same way if I were you. I'm your want 100,000+ page views.

Nevertheless, in order to get more views; I personally believe that you just need to keep drawing and be active on the forums. Whether it may be fanart or an OC, just keep drawing. I know how you feel, I want to become a famous animator one day. :P
Draw for yourself. Draw what you feel. Draw ANYTHING. It will satisfy your watchers, and might even attract more.
Groups? I personally don't think you need to join anymore, but hey, if it helps you get more views, then that's A-Okay. I WOULD join groups, but I fear that my artwork isn't very good enough to stand out <.< It's basically stickmen compared to other drawings that are submitted to groups, lol. But then again, I'm only a teenager, and I don't exactly know much about all these techniques professionals use... :P

Anyway, Keep drawing, EVEN if no one is watching or favoriting your stuff at the moment. The key to fame is to not only have the talent, but to be persistent. That's how most people become famous.
Another suggestion is to help people out. Like, you can give them critique and stuff that could help them out with their artwork. Trust me, I do it A LOT. It not only pays off, but it makes me feel like a better person ^^.

Happy Drawing! And Happy Holidays! ^^
:iconjorani2194:
jorani2194 Dec 25, 2011  Student Traditional Artist
Well, for example I think that styles like Manga and anime are used so often by so many people that it can be hard to find a really good, unique manga artist. So I think if you are doing a mainstream style, you have to try to be very unique and new and fresh in order to be really noticed. Otherwise people may see the work and it wont pop out to them because they see so many things that are similair.
Submit to groups, And also forums helps because then people see your thumbnail pics. Commenting on others work and watching them may give them interest to watch you as well. ^^
:iconineuron:
I submitted my last piece to 10-11 groups and got 105 views and 5 faves and 1 comment. Dont tell me you are not getting the attention you want.
Also you have 151 watchers while some(me) here have 6.
[link] this is my piece im talking about
:iconsiehorse:
Siehorse Dec 25, 2011  Student Digital Artist
Hehehe I was the comment! ;)
:iconkagoe:
Kagoe Dec 25, 2011  Student Traditional Artist
It depends on what you draw I guess. The drawing you sent is very good, but I can see why the surreal style might not be a mainstream taste. Whereas if you draw things which people are familiar with, they're more likely to like and respond to it.
:iconineuron:
I'd consider it street/tattoo art myself though.
Add a Comment: