Closed to new replies
August 24, 2011
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Preserving pencil drawings?

:icongqkid:
GQkid Aug 24, 2011  Hobbyist Photographer
Does anyone know of a good way to preserve pencil drawings? I can't afford the commercial stuff and someone suggested to use hairspray, but I heard it turns the paper yellow after awhile D:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconquillandpaper:
QuillandPaper Aug 24, 2011  Hobbyist General Artist
You'll need a fixative for most traditional media artworks. I use hairspray on stuff if I'm being cheap, but for important stuff and class related things, I use Krylon's Crystal Clear. It holds just about everything (pencil, charcoal, pastel, etc.).
:iconaqaap:
aqaap Aug 24, 2011   General Artist
i cant think of any other ways to preserve it besides fixative. although if u are storing them in an album, i would just stack them with a piece of tissue paper between each piece.
:iconthemalkovian:
I used airspray 8 years ago, and now on around 50 pencil drawings, the paper has gotten old, but still okay... May be because the paper rarely saw sunlight (sticked in a huuuge album) . Might depend on which airspray you use... I used my mother's loreal one hee...or maybe depends on the paper. And Yellow is not such a bad color. I prefer drawing on creamy paper than on full white ones :p. damn, I miss pencil drawing. *will do some tomorrow*
Add a Comment: